Overnight Winter Ice Fishing Camp in a Hot Tent with a Woodstove on the night of the Supermoon
Join me in this Canadian adventure.
Shawn James from the YouTube channel My Self Reliance and I set off from his log cabin in the forest, we hike in the snow, pulling sleds carrying our camping gear.
We travel to a frozen lake, set up a snowtrekker hot tent, chop firewood for the cold night, and auger holes in the ice so we can ice fish.
We catch a few northern pike, and cook them up for supper, all while experiencing camping in a supermoon.
Snowtrekker hot tent https://www.snowtrekkertents.com/expedition.html
False bottom for woodstove https://www.canadianoutdoorequipment.com/_search.php?page=1&q=esker
Tags: Bushcraft,Survival,Backpacking,Canoe,Dog Training,Axe,Ontario,Canada,Fire,Bowdrill,HD,Nikon,Gopro,logcabin,log,cabin,myselfreliance,my self reliance,minecraft,familyfriendly,family friendly,camping,winter,wintercamping,icefishing,ice fishing,joerobinet
good morning guys how you doing thanks for tuning in today's give me a good day on my pack for my self-reliance cabin bloody Sean James built and today we are going to head out on an ice fishing trip packing up our sleds right now we're gonna head out that way to a couple little lakes Sean knows about Mike Weir wall Mike tonight I've got my snow truck or hot tent in here with a wood stove be nice and comfortable it's supposed to be pretty cool today negative 20 so it'll be helpful whoa so come along with us maybe we'll catch some fish but definitely have a good time
so came to a potential camp spot there's couple here we've been walking on the slate for a little while here's one that's right off the lake it looks like it can be relatively flat this doesn't look so bad [Applause]
snowshoe hare tracks going through that other spot - yeah right there's a home here it could be yeah hey back coat on the ice it's nice as ice Sean was saying earlier it doesn't have so much snow on it so dz4 walking there's also grip and a slot the sleds slide very easily until I land oh this looks better dude it's it's an 8 by 10 yeah for sure it will fit there lengthwise yeah it's just a bit rectangular but yeah we'll just put the door on this so they'll fit perfectly there yeah it's yeah what the straightest were gonna get yeah this is better ah nurse
yeah there's some well there's some right here is uh not the great it's a softwood but there's a lot of it it keeps going it seems I keep seeing Deadwood you got a like a balsam fir here perfectly dried there - yeah this is suitable yeah hey we could even come back in here right here alright yes we'll go down get the sleds and die come on up here [Applause]
first thing we want to do is clear spot both got some broader shovels with us clear away the how much other couple inches of snow there is set up the hot tent yeah and then we can get on the ice it's about negative 20 right now so anything we're doing with our hands kind of hurts but doing the long hike out to the lake here we really warmed up so that helps a lot is able to wrap everything with my five by seven mess trying to keep snow off of it and then I could also use it as my ground sheet inside the tent so oh man it's good shovel sleeping bag and my pillow in here the stove the tent stove pulls [Music]
right so you guys can see me use this tent once before and I can't think with the subscriber video just got my camping this for a night couple months ago this is my snow trucker tent comes with these poles they make a frame gonna get eight frame use the heat frame stretch the canvas over top have a nice warm and cozy home for the night so we're looking for this is the one with both ends open so this is gonna be a cross piece across the other ones have one and closed like that and that's the end that's gonna go in the ground [Music]
four legs one cross piece right I think that YP yeah no long yeah there you go all right good no he's got a drip okay so this first easy so there is um in the corner in the bottom there's little pockets where you can stick the legs little rubber ice part
there's a leather strap goes in the middle of this on the sides there you kind of leave the metal hanging out or sorry that the leather start hanging out [Applause]
one side through then put the leather part on
all right Sean's finishing up last Toyota and she's all set up just gotta set the stove now let's go inside and check her out it's always hard to do this with one hand got her oh yeah yeah this is actually pretty flat relatively relatively flat but plenty of room have one guys sleep on the very back wall a short walk like ways sorry that wall blank please still goes in there oh speaking of snows my mind I think that's how I had it last it was better better use of space [Music]
that's the false bottom from Canadia your foot so you don't have to put for your bricks in because the fire brooks are painting right you know they're banging all around the way a lot and then to empty it too they call it with the ashes come on back up just saying hopefully see I wanna make sure the stainless steel says Joe important part cold the Joe called the Joe it obviously hasn't been used yet I got this again from Canadian outdoor equipment they hook it up check those guys out and it fits in the trucker model
Nyko stove from Nyko which snow tracker sells this again in the snow tracker tent there's an 8 by 10 expedition crew [Music]
sit tore up there there was one part worse
yeah and then we just get the tripod rusted on there call it good [Music]
oh man it's hard for me to see looks like it's recording so just out on the the lake right now the sun's out here it's a little bit warmer than in the woods and the shade Shaun's haven't launched I already ate some snacks and stuff no no no little midday beer out on the lake so yeah pretty soon you're gonna drill some holes for some fishies and cut some firewood for tonight that's a that's a must for sure time for us to offer up some bowls try get some fishing yeah just whenever you want me to take over I'll need good for a bit okay ma'am you got done auger in those holes that was a lot of work and a lot of work so he eats I'll read a few Shawn's down there setting up the fishing rods and minnows and a lot of stuff so I'm gonna go up in the woods behind me here start collecting some wood for tonight and then go down there and join us Shawn and start fishing I've got my ax with me but only use Shawn's new max from Toronto blacksmith looks pretty badass [Music]
it's full of fat would ya that's all fat would Richter very lively catch a couple those yep it's a good meal yeah decent yeah let this guy go all right bass for the win split shot really helped on here so I'm not gonna pretend like I know anything about ice fishing but from what I've been told here we're trying to keep it off about a foot off the bottom and this is not very deep at all right here so doesn't take much line out gonna gather some of this dry exposed graph here so when we go to start the fire tonight good tinder we gather to use in conjunction it's just nice to have you know everything all in the bank ready to go before nighttime actually look right above where I'm at here's this perch and I can really grab some nice pieces of birch bark off that guy's hit super deadly it's awesome in here it's got a nice feel in here okay I'll cut up some firewood yep
so the cars are cutting the wood for the wood stove what about that links not much longer
that's what I deal with maybe 15 inches tops you have one piece of maple there but really what's so so efficient nice and dry like perfectly dry never tell you firewood excites a good dry firewood yeah I bet you uh make some really nice curls oh oh my knife is cold knife handles cold yeah look at that it's got its natural chuck in it like I always see the look for right there perfect do bode role with this one so even though we cleared out a lot of the snow or all of the snow from underneath the tent when we start the fire in the wood stove it tends to sink down into the ground even even though like I said the snow is gone it'll still melt the ground underneath it kind of get a little Wampus so I'm going to cut three lengths of a log that's buried in the snow over here
and put it underneath the wood stove so that it has a little bit more stable base so this there's a lot of that I'm gonna grab have to unbury it from the snow I want to use it because it's not good not good for firewood into lengths okay so if I can cut this yeah I can just cut this in half and use these these three pieces so we get one more they weren't quite long enough that's right just cut to reach side or I could do that that works to put it lengthways okay that's pretty secure from solid pretty sturdy level perfect just make some little shavings and stuff click my knife a little bit again this is pulsipher pretty soft wood oh yeah yep
nice and thin Airy fluffy curls no I love it
would you actually have quite a bit of wood that's good it's early it's like just starting to get stayed late a little bit longer or not getting dark right at 5:00 these days maybe a boat six almost six let's get better and there's company which is always nice so it was sitting here tonight going walleye fish - there's some walleye in there you saw I got that bass Shanker pike - but well I'd be great even if we don't eat them I'm just pull the question we're gonna eat those pike up for sure I'll let the bass go like you saw those pike we're gonna get eaten up it's cool I haven't eaten pike probably says woodland caribou last time huh Shaun maybe I did you know gone couldn't with Doug but I don't think so this is a little bit different than my normal videos the ice-fishing part of it it's just pretty cool it's it's new to me I've only ever been ice fishing once before that was down near Peterborough and we were fishing for perch and it was inside like a really nice ice fishing hut a guy who owned it kick bring us over like picnic lunch and everything so pretty nice not like this up here this is way more rugged it's very cool this is my this is my thing up here for sure plus the first fishing wasn't that great oh come on good time nice to be out for a couple days doing doing different things you know I mean the last last video yesterday was a painter at Sean's place and it was fun to who's nice to relax and kind of explore that dead area and talk about future trips reminescent chirps we've done in the past maybe tonight we'll uh we'll head sit down and have a little chat on camera about trips that are gonna come up that we might do together all right so we're sitting pretty here three pikes so far each one bigger than the last I'm eating good tonight
as you can see Sean look Josie uh the old ice hut getting a little chilly we're gonna sit in there tonight and fish for walleye rather than just sitting out in the open so that's kind of cool
we gotta push saw her t1 right here holes
steam come off my hands bring me one look at this guy bringing chairs what a nice guy yes no presently out on the ice over here no luck in a little while inside the tent I think I'm gonna go up into the woods into the shelter and not to shelter the a hot tank get the snow going we've got lots of wood I still gotta cut some wood up so Sean's cleaning up the fish right now it's almost suppertime anyway so good use of time will be I'm gonna warm that bad boy it's getting pretty cold the thing is we're moving around all day warmer to warm ourselves up and kept that one because we kept moving around but now I sat in that in that little hut for about an hour so and just got really children Suns going down too it's crazier huh not what's snow up here not what snow anywhere right now a lot farther north than I've been this year or this winter less snow than then I've been doing
I'm just gonna make some superfine curls oh I don't like wah-wah some superfine curls to work with the firesteel well I guess I got guy well the grass is hard to maneuver after it's on fire sorry I guess you couldn't see it on there so I'll leave these right on the stick that way I can move them after their lip stick them in the wood stove and like the other stuff no sharp corner on my fire steel good idea alright once again I got this false bottom in here gonna create air flow and make the bottom of the stove not warp out when I get super hot here's Sean yellow he's got fish [Music]
touching anything on my hands hurts okay go grab some wood for outside I got some split up should probably split this back way up a little bit loving my new knife from adventure sworn it's like being reunited with an old friend
shamans yelling for me we're go see what the commotion is probably got a lunker on there maybe a walleye walleye be sweet
certainly is warming up in here quite quickly
had to down jackets on probably one of those guys a suit it's getting dark it's 20 after five for a long time okay I'm thinking we go head back down there and a little bit see what shawne's up to I know he was yelling I mean cut another cut another monster pike down there so oh I have to go down and grab water too and we don't have to melt snow we're gonna just use the the ice holes to collect water phone we just gotta boil it so that's nice and handy it's easier and faster yeah that's hurry it's hard alright before I head out there I'm gonna stack up the wood in there I got two pieces of balsam fir and one piece of maple I'm trying to stagger it that way so it's supposed to be the super moon tonight I'm hoping it is we're lucky it will be canteen cup head down to the lake that was calling for the super moon super there's a nice nice purple sky either way a whole super moon bright night there's not a cloud in the sky I've got myself my cup of water that is quickly becoming ice shuns little dead set on getting some good pictures of that moon I don't blame you take photograph headed off back to the wood stove I'm gonna get this water on the boil maybe make up a hot drink coffee or something so much darker in here in the woods
I can hear it pumping it oh she's one I can feel it we got three bikes first and then I've got a perch which it kept and then says I was pulling the lines up ended up catching I think the biggest bike of the day so have those frozen outside most of the pike only have two Pike fillets in here and the perch so I'll cook those up and I'll bring the rest of the pike back to the cabin so I think what I'll do is just throw some water and some butter in this pan sort of poached in butter you're really Bank big shout-out to everybody who emailed me and commented about the splits on the finger on that in the last video excuse me it helped I was really worrying about that on this trip because my hands are gonna excuse me again getting all beat up on this trip and cold and you know the gloves and stuff but the superglue worked like a charm that was good thanks guys she's cooking there's a finished product that plates cold so first test luxury extreme I don't taste much at all not bad how about some healthy healthy in french fries
when I head down to the lake it's been booming like crazy to see such big big loud bass booms so I'd like to capture some of that on film or I guess audio and I'd like to check out the super moon see huh that guys doing go check out the ice hut super moon very big man pretty bright too I can see over here with no lights at all like I can walk completely perfectly fine
there's no cities around here by far you can't see me can't see me but I can see no cities around here no the lake light pollution it just legit from the super moon which is pretty cool camping in a super moon might be a first for me oh man I literally just missed it I have my camera off at two big booms I placed a bit bright just a bit bright ah pretty cool glad to be able to catch some fish through the ice a little bit different different content break it up a bit I think having this hot tent oh it's really making me want to do a camp with Scout so they want to go for two or three nights with him pretty soon I'm not sure - sure where maybe that other property may be back in another place it is nice walking across lakes and do it like that so maybe we'll go somewhere where there's a lake I can cross bring the hot tent stay there for a few nights wasn't here it it's a nice glow coming from the tent there we just I just got back from down at the lake we decided you should go down and try some night fishing for walleye was not successful we didn't stay at Elmira for too long anyway
that's alright we've had our fill on pike and I asked nice to be back in the warmth here so it's late it's like oh it's 9 o'clock I'm almost ready for bed I've been tired since almost 7:00 so I kind of might be an early name we tore down the the shelter the the the ice hut while we're down there so that tomorrow morning we can get up and get out of here I'm like a hours from home or something like that so it'd be nice to get up and get out pretty early in the morning so tore that down and I'm about ready for bed you're tired Sean Oh tired he's outside give me some all right folks it's uh oh it's the only ten after Anne hi we're about ready to turn in I'm exhausted Sean's already all cuddled up cozy in bed so I think this will be it for tonight hip she goes up in the morning I probably won't do much what do you got going on in the morning and getting a new breakfast you quicker yeah you know if some bright I'm gonna make it anything you know the crab of SLUSA Brittany yeah see I think that's the same I wanna hook you gonna start to play yeah I have bars I can do bars I'm there you go bars in the morning and on out of here and then eight hour drive so this is a pretty diverse strip for me two different separate things the day at Shawn's the night at Sean's and then day out here and then I out here so pretty cool I'm uh I'm happy I came happy I was able to do this meetup was shown again I haven't seen him since like I said one time really quick maybe a few months ago and then woodland caribou which is almost a year ago now so it's uh it's a long time coming so they want to lay here maybe talk about some future trips and yeah maybe we'll let you guys in on that in the future but for now it's a good night I'll see you in the morning good morning guys it's about 6:30 how just packing up you don't know to hear my huh my old sleeping bag I brought for this trip the zipper and no breaking in the middle of the night so it was wide open I had to kind of tuck it under a nose there's lots of fun needless to say I'm frozen my hands are pretty cold so packing up camp and hiking out of here so we can warm up [Music]
slowly getting there getting lighter man I'm sweating I had to take off my toque and everything crazy hot
About the Author
Joe is a very talented bushcrafter. He has a "straight" approach to bushcraft life-style. His videos reach a very high quality, both for the shootings and for the content. He took part on the History Channel show "Alone"
You can find all his videos on his YouTube channel.
More articles from this author
- Hrdwdsmn Skills:Shavings/Knee High Flames
- The Missus making a flint & steel fire
- The Bushcraft Campout: Multicam Poncho Tarp Shelter on Raised Bed.
- Hardwoods Challenges Pt. 2
- Bushcraft Gear Giveaway - The Hidden Woodsmen
- Day Hike with Doug and Mike. JoeRobinetBushcraft.
- challenge 2
- Fire at night
- Camping in the Woods
- Canoe Tripping; 8 Days in the Wild. Part1-The Easy Days.
- HD Bushcraft Video; Tarp Shelter, Lunch, Fire, Wood Collection and a new Bushcraft Knife
- 3 Day Winter Camping Trip in a Hot Tent with my Dog
- Splitwood Fire in the Rain;Camillus Carnivore
- Fire in the rain
- Weekend camp Pinery Park
- Dougs Property and Joes Bush
- Land Nav
- Awesome Tarp Shelter; Bushcraft Survival Camping
- Off Grid : Man and Dog Live in Canvas Tent
- HD Bushcraft Video - Outdoor Cooking, Knife Use, Wood Processing, Tree ID.
- Get to know Joe. e1
- Sunny Day out
- Basic dog obedience
- Natural Tinders in Winter
- Woods Time
- Hangin in the Woods: HD Bushcraft/Outdoor Video.
- How to Set up a Group Tarp Shelter
- Thrunite Ti5 Specs and Giveaway.
- My Bushcraft EDC.
- Sassafrass and Ash Bowdrill set
- Knee high flames in 30 seconds
- Fall Camp 2011
- Bush Chair
- 48h Camp and Build Large Permanent Super Shelter on Newly Acquired Property
- Mike and Joe's Most Excellent Adventure
- FAMILY DAY TRIP
- Day Out. New Hammock, Talking History's Alone, and a Fire
- Firelay Overnighter
- Hoosier National Forest.
- Adventure Sworn and Battoning
- JoeRobinetBushcraft Official Channel Trailer 2015
- The 10 Items I brought with me on ALONE...and why.
- New Backpack and Gear Loadout for a Spring Overnight Camp
- Green Wood Splitwood Fire
- Bluegill Underwater in HD.
- 88 Tactical Entry Vid
- I found a "shut" in the woods!
- Playin with Scout.
- Get To Know Joe E3. Finding Enjoyment in the City
- Camping with a Kid.
- Bushcraft Vault Pt.2: May 2013 Canoe Trip Algonquin Park
- Natural Insulation Bed/Wool Blanket Overnight
- Backpacking Algonquin's Highland Trail.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp
- new JLT bushcrafter
- Preparing for a Two Night Backpacking Trip.
- My Outdoor Knives-Bushcraft, Backpacking, Canoe Tripping
- Backcountry Lake Superior Canoe Camp Part 1
- Winter Overnight Bushcraft Gear
- How to use a Firesteel Correctly.
- HWII Land Nav.
- Bushcraft in the Winter
- Bushcraft Instructionals: Shemagh and Tomahawk Outing
- How to Cook Bacon and Eggs Outdoors with no Metal Cooking Implements
- HD Bushcraft Video; Axe, Saw, Cook, Enjoy the Day.
- Preparing for an 8 Day Canoe Trip
- Bowdrill in the hardwoods
- Hardwoodsman Skills
- Axe, Bacon and Eggs.
- HD Winter Bushcraft Video. Fire, Cooking Tacos, New Gear.
- Turley Dogwood Woodsman's Knife
- SnowTrekker Hot Tent, Woodstove and Winter Camping Plans
- Golite Shangri-La 3
- My Fishing Gear for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario
- How to be Comfortable in the Woods.
- Something a little different...but not much haha
- Snowy Hike in -30c
- 6 Day canoe Trip in Killarney Provincial Park
- Basic Pincher Collar Obedience and Understanding (Dog Training)
- My Les Stroud(Survivorman) Story: Get to Know Joe. e2
- Ruining Wild Places.
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 3 - "BLACKFLIES FOR MOSQUITOES"
- Trip to Doug's Property.
- Point Pelee Family Trip
- Solo Winter Overnight Bushcraft Camp
- Fjallraven Outdoor Clothes and Gear. Keb, Vidda Pro Trousers, Friluft 55.
- My New Logo Explained. JoeRobinetBushcraft
- Roadtrip and Camping with the Girls
- Turley Boones Branch neck knife
- New Adventure Sworn Knife, Bacon, Eggs & Toast.
- Friction Fire Tuesday
- Squirrel lunch.
- 3 Night Winter Bushcraft Camp.
- Bushcraft, Camping Gear: Overnight Pulk Loadout.
- Canoe Day Trip: Fishing, Steak, Fun.
- A Blizzard in the Forest - Hot Tea in the Woods on a Cold Day.
- Bowdrill in a Blizzard?
- Wild Leek Lunch
- 20" Wett Splitwood Fire
- Bushclass lessons
- Camping Gear Giveaway
- 6 Days Backpacking the Western Uplands Trail
- Gear for a 2 Night Bushcraft Camp in the Snow
- Expensive GoPro vs Cheap Action Camera
- Get to Know Joe E4-The One About Scout
- Cicada Fun!!!
- Last years failed solo overnight.
- A day in the bush
- Improvised Bowsaw.
- 5 Day Winter Snowshoe Bushcraft Camp
- 24 Hour Wild Camp out of a Maxpedition Xantha.
- How to Give a Dog Medicine.
- I Got a New Tattoo
- Fireside Chat-Solo Winter Camp.
- Some of My Bushcraft Gear
- Winter Camping in Northern Michigan.
- How to dehydrate your own food for Backpacking
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - Tomahawk Steak over the Fire, Frost River Pack, Bugs!
- A Christmas Stocking Stuffer Idea.
- ThruNite TH10 Giveaway
- Bowdrill:Sassafras Bark Hearth
- ThruNite TH10 Vs Fenix HL50
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 1 - MOOSE
- Making the Best out of a Bad Situation.
- Saturday Morning Bushcraft Hike in the Prairie with Scout.
- Becker BK2 Contest Vid
- All my Heros
- IA Woodsman axe practice Response
- Midwest School of Bushcraft Ohio Class
- Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 Backpacking Tent
- Camping Gear: Sleeping Pads and Tarps
- Spring Bushcraft Camp
- Full Rundown on My Fall Camping/Bushcraft Gear.
- ALONE.. Yup I Tapped, and Why.
- Bowdrill fire from start to finish
- The Axe is Back; Wintertime Edition.
- Chillin In My Hammock-Day out with Scout
- Solo Bushcraft Camp. 2 Nights in the Snow - Natural Shelter, Minimal Gear.
- My Transportation to the Wild : Swift Packboat Adirondack 13.6
- Canadian Winter Camping...
- 5 splitwood fires
- Man in the Creek Drill
- A lunch in my old woods.
- Lunch in the woods.
- Bushcraft Shelters-Sleeping in a Snow Trench.
- Budget Knives. E1
- The Bushcraft Campout: Cooking Salmon, Bushcraft Style
- Solo Overnight Hammock Camp in a Thunderstorm P1. Calm Before the Storm
- Bowdrill fire using my Turley Gasconade
- Axe work and trying to Edit
- Tagged, make an eating utensil.
- 4 Day Winter Camp Pt.1
- Bushcraft Backpacking - New Pack and Gear Loadout
- Lightweight Backpacking Gear for a 5 Day Trip
- A Knife for my Wife
- Splitwood Fire with a Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe.
- J Leather customer service.
- Shelter Ideas
- Some uses for the Sassafrass Tree
- Natural Tinders in a Hardwood Forest: Bushcraft, Survival, Woods Knowledge.
- Bushcraft Overnight, Wool Blanket, Natural Shelter, Long Fire.
- Camping out of a Backpack.
- The Hidden Woodsmen Haversack Giveaway - Winner Announced..2 Winners!
- My Bush Buddy
- Channel Update and a bit about Myself.
- A Winter Hike with new Friends.
- Turley Knife/Council Tools Splitwood Fire
- Overnight Winter Camping Trip
- 4 Day Canoe, Fish, Swim Camp.
- Family Canoe Camping - Algonquin Park.
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Bowdrill
- Primitive fishing gouge.
- Bushcraft Trees: Eastern White Pine
- History Channel Alone: New Survival Show I am on!
- Family Camping Trip. Spring '15
- Solo Bushcraft Backpacking Camp.
- In the Woods with Scout, Shelter, Bushcraft, Lunch
- Small Axe Work/Boiling Water On A Wood Grill
- Using a snow anchor.
- Bushclass Tarp Set-up
- Mike and Joe's Excellent Adventure
- Cool Weather Clothes for Bushcraft, Camping, Outdoor Pursuits.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Fireside Chat. ALONE, Shoutouts, and Future Trips.
- 8 Days in the Wild - Boreal Forest, Fly - in Adventure!
- Turley Green River
- Bushcraft; Tarp and Bowdrill
- Bushcraft Basecamp E2 - Building the Lean To, Bucksaw Use, Outdoor Cooking.
- Winter Camping in Algonquin Park -37c
- 2 Night Winter Snowshoe Bushcraft, Camping in the Snow.
- The Soggy Saga of Joe and Co. or.. Tarp Camping in the Snow with Friends.
- Green River contest vid pt1
- Day in the Prairie
- Day Trip, Komoka Park.
- Natural Shelter Solo Overnight
- Catch and Cook and Camp! Beautiful Lake Trout- 8 Days in the Wild!
- What is Bushcraft?
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - Long Fire, Wool Blanket, Fire Reflector
- Exploring an Island - Abandoned Ruins, Giant Trees, Friendly Wildlife.
- Bowdrill with Chaga (tinder fungus)
- Joe and Doug, two fools in the woods.
- Hot Chocolate in a Pine Forest.
- Gear for Camping out of a Backpack.
- Lunch in the Woods on a Firebox Stove
- Bushcraft Vault:Joe and Kyle's First Canoe Trip.
- HD Bushcraft Video - Wild edibles, Leather Care, Natural Tinder, Pot Hook
- Backpacking Michigan
- Knife Review: S.A.K Farmer
- Scout being Scout.
- Shelter part 1
- The Bushcraft Campout: Overnight Gear, Bivy Bag.
- Day at the Bushcraft Basecamp - Axemanship, Outdoor Cooking, Fixing Camp
- Bushcraft Breakfast- Bacon, Eggs and Bannock!
- Alone in the Wild - A 5 Day Solo Excursion.
- Bushcraft in the wet snow
- Weak Hand, One Stick Fire
- Bowdrill with no notch!
- Winter Camping in a Canvas Tent with a Dog and a Woodstove.
- 24 Hours in the Mountains - Camping in the Sierra Nevada
- Belgian Malinois eats Peameal Bacon
- Overnight Alone in the Forest
- ThruNite TC10. Great Emergency/Vehicle Light.
- Canoe Camp, Eastern Ontario
- Bushcraft Lunch/Trailhawk
- Wildland Scout Backpack Update and Cool New Accessories.
- Scout's Birthday Hike/ Testing a new Camera- SJCAM
- Looking at the ThruNite TH10 Headlamp, and Giveaway Anounced!
- Bushcraft School
- Throwin the TrailHawk
- Camping Gear for a 7 Day, 175km Canoe Trip.
- Preparing for a 5 Day Winter Bushcraft Camp.
- In my Backyard. Adventure Sworn Bucksaw. Axe. Fun
- 50 Nights in the Woods.
- JRB Channel Update; Bigfoot, Do I Carry? Wild Animal Encounters, 100k Subscribers
- Make a bush chair/bench
- Canoe Camp with my Wife
- Paper test after sharpening
- New Turley Gasconade and 1 stick fire
- Answers to your Questions - Bushcraft, My Life, Outdoor Tools, Camping Advice.
- Coastal Trekking - 3 Days Backpacking Lake Superior's Rugged Coastal Trail
- Father Daughter Day In the Woods Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Roasted Marshmallows
- Bushcraft Instructionals; Camping Overnight.
- How do you use your axe?
- Quick flint and steel demo
- Plant walk and new camera
- Skills chalenge: 1stick fire method with axe Pt. 1
- Bushcraft Instructionals: Fire from a Knife and Firesteel.
- California Trip-Dispersed Camping in a National Forest-Giant Sequoia!
- Building an Overnight Bushcraft Camp; Double Adirondack Tarp Shelter, Raised Bench, Outdoor Cooking.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Breakfast, Series Finale.
- Supper in the Woods
- Short clip of OLJ bein funny
- Beast of a Flashlight for Home Preparedness.
- My New Solo Lightweight Cookset - 2016
- My Bushcraft Kit.
- Wildland Series Scout backpack bag info and launch
- Bushclass-Haft an Axe
- Lunch Time in the Bush.
- moose head
- ThruNite TN4A Giveaway!!
- Overnight at the Bushcraft Basecamp E3
- History Channel ALONE Extended Drop Off Scene-Joe
- Preparing for an Ideal Weather Backpacking Trip.
- Bushclass FAK
- Leatherwood Bowdrill
- Turley Gasconade long term thoughts.
- HD Bushcraft Video-Supper over a Fire, Wild Edibles, Axe, Hammock, Tarp.
- 3 Day Hunting, Fishing, Bushcraft Camp
- ThruNite TH10 Real World Abuse
- Bushcraft/Outdoor Skills; Build a Pothanger with your Knife.
- Bowdrill Woes
- Improvised Pack, Minimal Gear Survival Overnighter
- Canadian Winter-Time Lapse, Birds on a Homemade Bird Feeder.
- Joe and Doug go Camping. Algonquin Backpacking Trip.
- Solo Overnight Camp in a Thunderstorm - The Mist Rolls In
- 8 Days in the Wild - Boreal Forest Floatplane in Adventure Pt2
- Different tinders for use with the firesteel
- Fire Practice
- HWII plant uses Queen Annes Lace.
- Backpacking Frontenac; 3 Nights in Ontario's Backcountry
- Two Canoes, One River - A Temagami Journey. Pt1
- Adventure Sworn Bushcraft Co. Northgate Bushcraft Adventures.
- Gear Loadout/What I Took for an Overnight Spring Camp.
- Hardwoodsman Challenge: Pocketknife SWF3XP
- Winding Down in the Woods
- The varied convex grind
- Canoe Tripping; 8 Days in the Wild. Part 2, The Hard Work Begins.
- Camping with a Girl
- 48 Hour Solo Bushcraft Camp
- 3 Day, Bushcraft and Fishing in the Backcountry.
- Chopping down a Cherry Tree with my Wetterlings hatchet
- Summer Canoe Camp
- My Bushcraft Axe
- Bushcraft Knife Skills, Unknown Visitor at Camp, 250k Sub Giveaway
- Simple Knife and Axe Sharpening/ Falkniven DC4 Giveaway
- Winter Camping in Michigan.
- Field Sharpening Outdoor Tools
- Father Daughter Bushcraft
- A Great Fall Day
- The Fire Chain.
- Skills challenge:1 stick fire w/ axe Pt.2
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 2 - BUZZING, BULLFROGS AND DRAGONFLIES
- Food for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario.
- I'm Back - Steak in the Woods, New Gear, Updates and More.
- Solo Winter Bushcraft Camp-Natural Shelter-Pulk Overnighter
- Back in the Woods!
- A Lazy Day in the Autumn Woods
- Improvised steel striker
- Bushcraft Basecamp - Building a Raised Bed, Tying a Ridgepole, Outdoor Cooking E1
- 3 Easy Knots for Bushcraft, Camping, Survival.
- Budget Knives. E2 My EDC Folder.
- Battle Horse Knives-Woodsman Pro. First Look and a Splitwood Fire.
- New Backpack, and My Backpacking Gear
- In the woods after work
- Machete for Bushcraft.
- Bushcraft Instructionals; A Comprehensive Guide to the Bowdrill
- Solo Overnight Camp: Bucksaw, Bowdrill, Bushcraft, New Adventure Sworn
- Wet Wood, Knee High Flames, Knife Only.
- DIRT TIME (Collection of Camping Photos)
- Giant puffball mushroom find!
- 2017 Gone, 500k Here!
- Backpacking West Virginia: Dolly Sods, Nikon D5500, Go Pro 4 Silver
- The Bushcraft Campout: Series Intro.
- Preparing for a 4 day coastal backpacking trip
- Hammock Camping
- Preparing and Gear for a 9 day, Fly In Canoe Trip in the Boreal Wilderness.
- Take your Friends and go to the Woods! A Bushcraft Overnight.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Is a Tomahawk a Viable Wood Processing Tool?
- Summer Skills Challenge, 1 Stick Fire, No Knife
- Not what we Planned for!
- Fireside Chat; JoeRobinetBushcraft 2016
- Saws for the Outdoors, Bushcraft, Camping, Monkeying Around.
- Backpacking the North Country/Manistee River Trail Loop
- An Outdoors Lunch Tip., Quick, Easy Lighweight. Bushcraft, Camping, Hunting, Backpacking.
- Winter Camping using an Olight S2 Baton and Giving it Away.
- Best Bushcraft Pack? The Hidden Woodsmen Day Ruck!
- Camping Gear for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario
- Maxpedition Xantha Overnight Gear Loadout and First Impressions
- Two Canoes, One River - A Temagami Journey, Pt2.
- Catching and Cooking Catfish
- Looking at Olight's i3e and i3s and Giveaway
- Camping with the Family
- Crossing Ontario's Oldest Park- A Paddle and Portage Adventure!
- Solo Overnight Tarp Camp, Wool Blanket, Solitude.
- Fire by Bowdrill, Fried Eggs in the Woods, Growing up without a Father.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With Scout 2 Cooking Food, Tarp Camping, Breaking Down Camp.
- Overnight Bushcraft Gear and Camp Plans
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With My Dog Pt1 Tripod for Boiling Water Scout's Birthday, Pit Cooking.
- Sleeping Outside in The Cold With Dollar Store Items-10$ Woods Survival Challenge (24 Hours) Part 2
- Dollar Store Supershelter Overnight With My Dog-10$ Woods Survival Challenge (24 Hours)
- Solo Bushcraft Camp. Natural Shelter, Wool Blanket, Raised Bed, Long Fire.
- Camping With A Subscriber in a Canvas Tent with a Woodstove.
- Man Builds off Grid Cabin Alone in the Forest with Hand Tools.
- 2 Nights Wild Camping In Rugged Terrain, Fish Fry, Tarp Setups, Axe Work.
- 16 Gift Ideas For The Outdoor Lover, Christmas Ideas Camping, Bushcraft
- Crazy Korean Chopper!
- 2 Night Winter Bushcraft Camp, Building a Shelter With a Wooden Roof, Walls and Bed.
- HD Bushcraft Video-Building a Large Semi-Permanent Shelter, Outdoor Cooking
- Solo Overnight in a Snow Storm. Winter Camping With Subscriber Gear.
- Spending the Day Passing Outdoor Skills on to Youth
- What my Wife Really thinks of Me - Bam Son T Shirts Available!
- Big News and Unboxing Camping Stuff
- New Land New Bushcraft Gear, Bam Son!
- OFF GRID LOG CABIN Overnight!- Bear Ribs, Cold Temps, Firewood.. My Self Reliance Log Cabin Life
- SOLO WINTER SURVIVAL! Minimal Gear Overnight in a HUGE Snow Storm! 24 Hours in the Wilderness
- Minimal Gear for a Winter Survival Overnight-Load-Out and Survival Exercise Plans
- Unboxing Camping Gear with my Wife - $300 Titanium Canteen and Gear Giveaway.
- I'm sick of this
- Bushcraft Gear For a Winter Overnight Camp With my Dog
- POV White Water Kayaking Raw Footage (Humbling Experience)
- Answering your Instagram Questions - Why Am I so Butthurt?
- 24h Walmart Camping/Survival Challenge $500 Spent on Walmart Camping Gear, Camping with my Dog
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With My Dog-Rock Cooking Bacon, Making a Bush Chair.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with Scout 3. Steak Fried on a Rock, Fireside Chats, Tearing Down Camp.
- Overnight Winter Bushcraft Camp with a Dog under a White Tarp.
- I Spent $500 on Walmart Camping Gear.. and this it what i'm going to do with it.
- This is a Wednesday Video.
- 2 Night Bushcraft Camp-Building and Sleeping in a Completely Natural Shelter
- Overnight Canoe Camp in Strong Winds, Catfish, Gear, and Good Food.
- What Would you Choose to Survive -10 Items?
- New Baby Gender Reveal, Meet my LARGE family!
- Catching MONSTER Lake Trout and Fly Fishing Grayling - Great Slave Lake-Frontier Fishing Lodge
- High Speed Low Drag Endurance Overnighter Solo Long Distance Trip!
- I Went Camping with a Strange Old Man...
- Exhaustion in the Wild Ep 5 - 10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness
- Left Alone to Survive on an Island in the NorthWest Territories (Remote Canada)
- Solo Bushcraft Overnight in my Semi Permanent Bush Shelter, Fire Inside, Building the Front Wall.
- I Spent my 34th Birthday Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Last Ep 10 Days 10 Items
- Building a Permanent Camp-10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Ep2
- Full List of Filming, Camping, Survival Gear for 10 Days, 10 Items, Alone on an Island in the Wild
- Improving Camp and Catching Fish Ep 4 10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on Island in the Canadian Wilderness
- Joe Robinet Update Video/Crownland Camping During Ontario's Fire Ban.
- 10 Days, 10 Items ; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Mini Series.
- I'M DONE WITH CAMPING.
- Doug and I Annoying Each Other for an Hour Straight :) Episode 2
- Finding the Rhythm -10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness Ep. 3
- Show Me Your STEAK!
- EPIC 4 DAY WILDERNESS CAMP e2 STRANDED! Wind Bound on an Island.
- Deciding on Gear for a 4 Day Wilderness Camping Trip.
- I BOUGHT MY DREAM HOME AT AGE 34
- 4 DAY WILDERNESS CAMP e1 The Storm.
- Bushcraft Camp DESTROYED!
- Overnight Camp at the Hidden Waterfall
- LAST OVERNIGHT AT THE BUSHCRAFT CAMP-Saying Goodbye, Wool Blanket, Vintage Tool.
- Winter Camping With my Dog out of a TRUCK!
- SOLO BUSHCRAFT CAMP 4 Items Only -Natural Shelter- Wild Game Over the Fire
- "THE HUT" E1- Locating a Camp Spot-Hauling Logs-Bacon on a Rock.
- CELEBRATING 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS at the MY SELF RELIANCE LOG CABIN!
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - WAKING UP IN THE SNOW!
- 1 Million Subscriber Special!!!
- Late Stage Lymphoma.
- in respone to pewdiepie $60 VS $135 WHISKEY (SCOTCH)
- 2 Days ATVing and Winter Camping in a Canvas Tent with a Woodstove!
- Workin at the Homestead- Scout Update-Stacking Firewood.