Catching MONSTER Lake Trout and Fly Fishing Grayling - Great Slave Lake-Frontier Fishing Lodge
Thanks to the folks at http://www.frontierfishinglodge.com/
Come along as I travel to the Northwest Territories Canada for world class fishing. I stay at the frontier fishing lodge, where my guide, Corey put me on to the biggest, and most lake trout I have ever seen or caught, we have a catch and cook shore lunch of lake trout on day two, and I learn how to fly fish!, which has always been a desire of mine, I catch a few arctic grayling on the fly!! This is a bucket list trip.
Thanks to the folks at the frontier fishing lodge.
Tags: Bushcraft,Survival,Backpacking,Canoe,Dog Training,Axe,Ontario,Canada,Fire,Bowdrill,HD,Nikon,Gopro,fishing,angling,laketrout,trout,greatslavelake,flyfishing,catchandcook,catch,cook,fish,lodge,logcabin,frontierfishinglodge,fishinglodge,airplane,aviation,nwt,northwestterritories,epic,bucketlist
that's the biggest one by far nice as you guys can see I'm taking a little travel up in the Northwest Territories but the Great Slave Lake um vote to go to the frontier fishing lodge to catch him lots of babel fish trophy fish you saw the travel and I did to get here I took three normal Plains statement Yellowknife for two days then I took a little small bush plane with a bunch of people here then this van down the dirt road and now we're taking a boat to the lodge we're far far north guys there's musk ox up here crazy stuff stay tuned to see me an awesome trip [Music]
this place looks pretty cool well I'm headed up to my cabin I'm not cabin number four check out my key hold on all right check out my key I got someone photobombing you too she says this she runs back so I'm at number four this is my cabin for the week well this isn't too bad oh my goodness this is big hello a little master bedroom lock you handle this maybe I should have brought someone with me but they said I could oh man full shower not too shabby guys three bedrooms man livin large in here how am I gonna decide where to sleep how am I gonna decide where to sleep my ears are all plugged up from the plane ride I sound weird to myself okay this is the one this is the room log cabin so this is pretty cool I got this place all to myself there's a maybe 15 people here total I think we all came in on two separate planes smaller planes than a bunch of book shows two back and forth bunch of supplies they're all set up here man this is legit flying fishing lodge so lunch is at noon and that's in seven minutes so I'm gonna head back down to the main hall have some lunch commune with the people figure out what the deal is when we fly fishing we'll be fishing over the boat I'm gonna be camping I don't know what else obviously
what else is in store there's lots of things here to do so I'm pretty pretty excited pretty pumped through my little speech ready kind of run knows how the camp runs the information that's on this paper is also being offered on the wall it's called as a first for me I had a fish chowder soup pretty decent we got our rundown of the do's and don'ts and what's going on when and stuff so I think right now some people are going fishing I want to be in that group so I've got my little rain pants on it's it's a little drizzly outside I'm gonna bring my GoPro we're gonna hop on the on the boat and Trent Gus and catch some fish wish me luck I can't not catch fish here right what's that she feels decent bite just spit up a Cisco little tro yeah oh snap just a little baby guy for a little Joe
nice that's probably very nice let's get going yep it's got a burp there every 30 feet bruise oh my stomach Oh
ah look at that beauty that's the biggest one by far that I've ever caught nice no go ahead it's fine [Music]
this is my third one Cory's saying that this is the main size the average size if here to get an average size of it he's that super orange fins and there's seven six or seven different eco types of lake trout in this lake some have orange fins some of red fins some of yellow bellies some of greenbacks some are silver some are black do you notice the the flesh has a different color too or depends what they're eating yeah so the bug eaters are pretty orange and then the fish that are just feeding solely on Cisco seem to be white white or flesh but nothing really like the Great Lakes where it's really white right mostly later pink very cool as the third fish throat wrote beauty beauty fish having a great time there's only the first afternoon we only go here for our two fish number four on a beauty lake trout very nice let's let this guy go Matt just head first so go what's that just drop him head first so go it off so quick yeah
you down so far nice and slow real when you have to keep him tight then I wanted that hook set on camera but [Music]
well that was really cool that second fish I caught 17 pounds it was definitely the biggest fish ever caught bigger than that Pike a cottonwood the caribou they've rivaled the length of it but is just I was seven or eight fish out there in two hours the rain started coming big time so we came back it's 4:35 right now Supper's at five I believe no suppers at seven Supper's at seven Super's s7 so I got some time to kill
I'm gonna take a nap I'm very exhausted and yeah I want to take a nap I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it I want by myself I can do what I want I'm gonna take it out I promise I'll bring the DSLR out when it's better like well it looked like it was gonna rain into did rain a brain Oh next time or when it's good weather for sure so tomorrow morning we'll get up and leave and we'll eat in the morning again it's been all do it's me you target some different fish try out some fly fishing Cory the guide he's gonna be with me the whole week working with me showing me stuff and he's the man he knows what's up around here so I'm very lucky to have that and he will teach me how to fly fish which is awesome I'm catching fish I'm catching fishies guys all right I'll catch up with you guys maybe tomorrow morning good night not good night but goodbye for today good morning guys it's just after 7:00 in the morning I did exactly what I said yesterday I passed it'll harden I got up for supper and then came back and slept again so feeling nice and rejuvenated today the plan for today is go down get some breakfast with the group and then me and Cory are gonna head out do some fishing and possibly some fly-fishing today so should be a good day a little bit windy today yeah
well breakfast was pretty good we have bacon and eggs orange juice toast muffins but they also pack me a little lunch Oh
snack at least it's pretty cold out there today it's like it's summer guys it's it would be like a hundred degrees at home but it's like hot and freaking - a sweater and coat weather out there I'm gonna double up on my pants but my long johns on and everything so they've got me a thermos full of tea could have had hot chocolate coffee whatever I wanted I chose tea and I got something on the chocolate uh muffins so that's pretty decent
that'll hold me over until lunch where we have a shore lunch of freshly cut lake trout yeah so I'm just gonna open my clothes on I got to go to half an hour before I have to get over there to the dock supposed to be up there at 8 o'clock so I'm gonna get dressed and get up there should be an exciting day I'll bring my big camera today even if I put it away when it rains all I'll still have it out there I'm tied for first place with the heaviest fish so far seventeen pounds two of us two guys got a 17-pound lake trout yesterday and it's up on the board they have this like contest whoever wins the biggest whoever catches the biggest fish wins a trip back here for free which is insane but yeah very cool okay I'm ready I got my toque in this buckle sunglasses in this pocket my t-shirt sweater puffy rain jacket pants pajama pants because I didn't bring up long johns because it's summer and rain pants oh I need grab another pair socks two pairs of socks backpack full of gear bring the DSLR would be an all-day thing I'll see you guys on the water take two I'll see you guys on the water zip up in good fashion you guys have really got things dialed in man they know what they're doing it's not like I've been to places like this a bunch of times or anything to compare it but like the guides are all down at the boats getting them ready at like 7:00 in the morning ready for the guests to go up for the day like there's like I don't know how many boats and how many guides how many cooks servers they employ a lot of people this is this is old legit Lodge guys son are the winds died down a little bit that's pretty good I didn't have to bring a Fisher out or anything I'm lucky I'm lucky because if I did I wouldn't had something strong enough to catch those trout yesterday I was really really setting that hook me and I hit my fishing pole snapped it to all the guides behind me all the fishing boots will be a good day I'm glad it's not hot I can deal with the cool weather look at how clear this water is
look at this place man doors won't after here
yeah that's what we'll use for bait never seemed to love that yesterday [Music]
he's a feisty one though there he goes spinning look at them roll feisty little guy colors on them so just a powder on the face they're very nice you throw Beckett more reasonable Kyle is it alright guys are the risks they're all right you know let you know tonight my stomach's got a bruise on it roll
little orange fans beautiful fish beautiful nice thrown back he's got hit up on the top ones over the top yeah it's a nice to see them with battle scars and how big the one that would well as I was saying yeah they come and eat me hit the the B fish the side of their head water or time stun them and then come back and hit a heart that's exactly what that guy just did I felt the tap Corey grabbed the camera because we knew was gonna happen in boom very cool
lots of fish out here that's a big fish out here this is like two seconds after I was just doing that last clip no joke quick all right so it's 11:30 we're both pretty hungry
you got that lake trout we caught earlier so we're gonna go find a spot on the shore gather some wood and have a nation shore lunch [Music]
nice and easy try and stay above the ribs that's just a little bit of belly fat on this that the weight that's ribs oh that is there okay that's that flesh man that's such nice fish all right well Cory is so graciously cleaning up that fish doing a much better job than I would oh I'm gonna go around and get some part of it so we can have a little lunch sure lunch we'll catch a couple extra you know smashing late autumn in Eastern with a Great Slave Lake oh we got our friends coming in hello so the good firewood I'm told around here is older we have basically alder and black spruce maybe a couple poplars a birch here and there but the good cooking what is older if we could find any good this terrain guys look at this place
I found one birch that's pretty dead on the inside normally they come across as like rotten after you find them but I was able to get some good birch bark off of it and I'll be able to burn that too so we're gonna start this fire so later and some birch bark this birch bark is way more dense than what I'm used to so normally it's pretty dry up here but he's probably saying it this year it's actually quite wet which is very surprising considering the rest of Ontario is almost on fire but up here they seem to be getting all the water the size of those bad boys so what do you make it up no big deal old buddy oh man if you're looking good you guys mean business card has a really high point to pull it off
one fish Haley let me go makeshift plate you got gold and goodness [Music]
Cory's informed me that we do actually have plates this is just for presentation
alright let's check into this first bite oh man it smells like KFC I'm not exaggerating not in the least funny thank you no thank you look at this no peasant life oh here boys and girls somebody's probably give me hack for putting ketchup on these I don't know people like to give you problems for whatever whatever reason little lemon juice on this fish just Pearson points where the point is that big rise it's the same like the same contour so you can see there's musk ox here guys musk ox Google what a musk ox looks like if you don't know what it does and Google where I'm at the Northwest Territories the east armed with the Great Slave Lake look at that on Google Maps the CEO for that is from where I am we're up here we're a far west a far north so Corey's been a guide here at the frontier fishing lodge for quite some time how long have you been working here eight years now eight years what makes you want to continue so you're you're here in the summertime yep that's the summertime here it really is different it has a different feel to it I can appreciate that for sure gets in your blood sure so where Corey's from is where I'm about to move to and that's what I've lived before so we're kind of familiar over the same place we're nowhere near Ontario right now and that's where we're from yeah 20 minutes yeah so you've been guiding here what is your job here you guide you take people out yeah I'm a guide full-time guide in the summer and then I do most of the marketing so guiding for this place just typically entails what fishing guide right taking people out on the water showing them the lake
mostly fishing people are here to fish and experience the place have a good shore lunch as you can see from yesterday and today like I've already caught way more truck that I've ever caught in my life bigger truck than I've ever seen in my life 17 pounder yesterday I'm tied for first place time for first place in 17 pounds I've already said that like six times to make sure yeah right a bit of wind here so we haven't been able to get too far but yeah he's even saying we're gonna go later on and try to catch some great are the arctic grayling arctic grayling so those would be really cool I've never seen one in person I know they're pretty colorful yeah yeah so that's another thing you goatee people fly-fishing yeah yeah I have no idea how to do that obviously along with many other things so you're owning a boat for like eight hours a day say you break for lunch come up just like we did now have a shore lunch yeah people are really into that that's very cool it seems like so the big three are gonna be true hiking really there are white fish but there's white fish if you can catch right yeah there's schools schools them out there so how do people get here if they want to come here is this like can you drive here how do you operate you'd have to drive or fly to Yellowknife and then take our charter right yeah that was like an hour long those a nice little plane who's it's awesome to see the land change to colonize the city and then you go into like just the rock and this puddles and everything you just it seems like it goes on forever and then all of a sudden the Great Slave Lake appears and you just see water for as far as you can see legit thought this was like like this is it's the size of like what 300 miles long and then you say something with the deepest deepest lake in North America almost 2200 feet that's crazy there's been some 100-pound Lakers caught over here yeah and the rough what we've what we've been told is the rough estimate as they grow a half a pound a year yeah that's something that we've been that's been drilled into our heads here it's barbless hooks yeah being respectful of the fish live releasing everything we kept one fish it wasn't a big one you know you don't want to eat the big ones anyways so you throw those guys back with them breed well very cool so we're gonna get back in that boat a little bit
head down and do some fly fishing you know you know I'm gonna yeah it's clearing up it's a nice day Suns coming out
picking my fly box here find one that looks like it we want to find one that looks kind of like the catus that are landing on the water here and mimic what the grayling are feeding on if you're fishing for trout or something back home I want it to be very close these grayling generally aren't too too selective but they can be very selective especially later in the season once I've seen a lot of flies and bugs they get pretty particular are using a special knot but though I just seven are out something like that six yeah their special announcement but useful that's not necessary don't fly fishing for the first time sit running
make sure they're not all in here well this is different I had one bite and I didn't get it in this is a lot more finesse way more finesse I'm used to but I have high hopes we're seeing a jump so I think we'll get one yeah this is uh this is very fun it's I'm learning a whole lot I've never I've only tried one time and this is already I knew yeah yep okay I was so cool that was so cool first time really fly fishing and maybe out here for now or not even got that one
very nice choice that was hard to get 120 inches
well I proved them wrong and I just keep all that orange oh one sign madam I can move them down we can take pictures down out laughter right here hot real kind of quick get him on the line yeah there you whoa enjoy that fly rod and the colors are just starting on this thing but still beautiful Oh lots of places that wouldn't be considered a baby and the easiest way to grab him is you're all your fingers under the belly and your thumb one tall yeah just like that then squeeze down just a little bit yeah it's crazy every time you let a fish go it splashes away and swims away like a torpedo and he's grilling his quarry took orders tell me they like to hang out where he's still there that is nice man you could probably pet it pick it up yeah I could definitely Wow very cool man very cool let it go let it go okay that's good and you're getting better drifts every time that's three in a row shows 1,000 so caught a few on the fly I was losing them a little bit so switch up to a spinning reel second cast nail once I'm very cool
what's grilling in here how does it feel nice one big colorful almost flows like hair they're nuts purple on the end of it to either fool and blue very cool just amazing fish you heard it here first pretty normal in the stark river but it's amazing every time you get to see them o gonna fed different colors over the water to very very nice so you said record trophies over well trophies over 16 inches that ones around 20 20 inches finesse of a fly rod and just the normalcy of this like it takes so much more you're here connected to it more fly-fishing for sure effort concentration just the skill it's just a new skill new skill set like if I'm going after food I'm using one of these but sometimes when the fish are biting on flies they're not biting on the roots all right so yeah still still hanging out with us mr. Kofi gray well last time I saw you we were just leaving the fly fishing for grayling came back ate supper now it's 8:05 I'm probably gonna be just in my cabin for the rest night listen to a couple of podcasts online a crash early well guys I'm headed out today to go on a solo camp I'm gonna go overnight by myself should be a lot of fun so this video is done here thanks guys that frontier fishing lodge for having me I highly recommend come and check out this place check it online check out the reviews and you wouldn't be disappointed catch me on the next video when I'm camping in the Northwest Territories alone there's musk ox there's bear there's barely any trees it's a whole different world for me this is an alien environment for me so should be fun alright guys thanks for watching
About the Author
Joe is a very talented bushcrafter. He has a "straight" approach to bushcraft life-style. His videos reach a very high quality, both for the shootings and for the content. He took part on the History Channel show "Alone"
You can find all his videos on his YouTube channel.
More articles from this author
- Hrdwdsmn Skills:Shavings/Knee High Flames
- The Missus making a flint & steel fire
- The Bushcraft Campout: Multicam Poncho Tarp Shelter on Raised Bed.
- Hardwoods Challenges Pt. 2
- Bushcraft Gear Giveaway - The Hidden Woodsmen
- Day Hike with Doug and Mike. JoeRobinetBushcraft.
- challenge 2
- Fire at night
- Camping in the Woods
- Canoe Tripping; 8 Days in the Wild. Part1-The Easy Days.
- HD Bushcraft Video; Tarp Shelter, Lunch, Fire, Wood Collection and a new Bushcraft Knife
- 3 Day Winter Camping Trip in a Hot Tent with my Dog
- Splitwood Fire in the Rain;Camillus Carnivore
- Fire in the rain
- Weekend camp Pinery Park
- Dougs Property and Joes Bush
- Land Nav
- Awesome Tarp Shelter; Bushcraft Survival Camping
- Off Grid : Man and Dog Live in Canvas Tent
- HD Bushcraft Video - Outdoor Cooking, Knife Use, Wood Processing, Tree ID.
- Get to know Joe. e1
- Sunny Day out
- Basic dog obedience
- Natural Tinders in Winter
- Woods Time
- Hangin in the Woods: HD Bushcraft/Outdoor Video.
- How to Set up a Group Tarp Shelter
- Thrunite Ti5 Specs and Giveaway.
- My Bushcraft EDC.
- Sassafrass and Ash Bowdrill set
- Knee high flames in 30 seconds
- Fall Camp 2011
- Bush Chair
- 48h Camp and Build Large Permanent Super Shelter on Newly Acquired Property
- Mike and Joe's Most Excellent Adventure
- FAMILY DAY TRIP
- Day Out. New Hammock, Talking History's Alone, and a Fire
- Firelay Overnighter
- Hoosier National Forest.
- Adventure Sworn and Battoning
- JoeRobinetBushcraft Official Channel Trailer 2015
- The 10 Items I brought with me on ALONE...and why.
- New Backpack and Gear Loadout for a Spring Overnight Camp
- Green Wood Splitwood Fire
- Bluegill Underwater in HD.
- 88 Tactical Entry Vid
- I found a "shut" in the woods!
- Playin with Scout.
- Get To Know Joe E3. Finding Enjoyment in the City
- Camping with a Kid.
- Bushcraft Vault Pt.2: May 2013 Canoe Trip Algonquin Park
- Natural Insulation Bed/Wool Blanket Overnight
- Backpacking Algonquin's Highland Trail.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp
- new JLT bushcrafter
- Preparing for a Two Night Backpacking Trip.
- My Outdoor Knives-Bushcraft, Backpacking, Canoe Tripping
- Backcountry Lake Superior Canoe Camp Part 1
- Winter Overnight Bushcraft Gear
- How to use a Firesteel Correctly.
- HWII Land Nav.
- Bushcraft in the Winter
- Bushcraft Instructionals: Shemagh and Tomahawk Outing
- How to Cook Bacon and Eggs Outdoors with no Metal Cooking Implements
- HD Bushcraft Video; Axe, Saw, Cook, Enjoy the Day.
- Preparing for an 8 Day Canoe Trip
- Bowdrill in the hardwoods
- Hardwoodsman Skills
- Axe, Bacon and Eggs.
- HD Winter Bushcraft Video. Fire, Cooking Tacos, New Gear.
- Turley Dogwood Woodsman's Knife
- SnowTrekker Hot Tent, Woodstove and Winter Camping Plans
- Golite Shangri-La 3
- My Fishing Gear for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario
- How to be Comfortable in the Woods.
- Something a little different...but not much haha
- Snowy Hike in -30c
- 6 Day canoe Trip in Killarney Provincial Park
- Basic Pincher Collar Obedience and Understanding (Dog Training)
- My Les Stroud(Survivorman) Story: Get to Know Joe. e2
- Ruining Wild Places.
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 3 - "BLACKFLIES FOR MOSQUITOES"
- Trip to Doug's Property.
- Point Pelee Family Trip
- Solo Winter Overnight Bushcraft Camp
- Fjallraven Outdoor Clothes and Gear. Keb, Vidda Pro Trousers, Friluft 55.
- My New Logo Explained. JoeRobinetBushcraft
- Roadtrip and Camping with the Girls
- Turley Boones Branch neck knife
- New Adventure Sworn Knife, Bacon, Eggs & Toast.
- Friction Fire Tuesday
- Squirrel lunch.
- 3 Night Winter Bushcraft Camp.
- Bushcraft, Camping Gear: Overnight Pulk Loadout.
- Canoe Day Trip: Fishing, Steak, Fun.
- A Blizzard in the Forest - Hot Tea in the Woods on a Cold Day.
- Bowdrill in a Blizzard?
- Wild Leek Lunch
- 20" Wett Splitwood Fire
- Bushclass lessons
- Camping Gear Giveaway
- 6 Days Backpacking the Western Uplands Trail
- Gear for a 2 Night Bushcraft Camp in the Snow
- Expensive GoPro vs Cheap Action Camera
- Get to Know Joe E4-The One About Scout
- Cicada Fun!!!
- Last years failed solo overnight.
- A day in the bush
- Improvised Bowsaw.
- 5 Day Winter Snowshoe Bushcraft Camp
- 24 Hour Wild Camp out of a Maxpedition Xantha.
- How to Give a Dog Medicine.
- I Got a New Tattoo
- Fireside Chat-Solo Winter Camp.
- Some of My Bushcraft Gear
- Winter Camping in Northern Michigan.
- How to dehydrate your own food for Backpacking
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - Tomahawk Steak over the Fire, Frost River Pack, Bugs!
- A Christmas Stocking Stuffer Idea.
- ThruNite TH10 Giveaway
- Bowdrill:Sassafras Bark Hearth
- ThruNite TH10 Vs Fenix HL50
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 1 - MOOSE
- Making the Best out of a Bad Situation.
- Saturday Morning Bushcraft Hike in the Prairie with Scout.
- Becker BK2 Contest Vid
- All my Heros
- IA Woodsman axe practice Response
- Midwest School of Bushcraft Ohio Class
- Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 Backpacking Tent
- Camping Gear: Sleeping Pads and Tarps
- Spring Bushcraft Camp
- Full Rundown on My Fall Camping/Bushcraft Gear.
- ALONE.. Yup I Tapped, and Why.
- Bowdrill fire from start to finish
- The Axe is Back; Wintertime Edition.
- Chillin In My Hammock-Day out with Scout
- Solo Bushcraft Camp. 2 Nights in the Snow - Natural Shelter, Minimal Gear.
- My Transportation to the Wild : Swift Packboat Adirondack 13.6
- Canadian Winter Camping...
- 5 splitwood fires
- Man in the Creek Drill
- A lunch in my old woods.
- Lunch in the woods.
- Bushcraft Shelters-Sleeping in a Snow Trench.
- Budget Knives. E1
- The Bushcraft Campout: Cooking Salmon, Bushcraft Style
- Solo Overnight Hammock Camp in a Thunderstorm P1. Calm Before the Storm
- Bowdrill fire using my Turley Gasconade
- Axe work and trying to Edit
- Tagged, make an eating utensil.
- 4 Day Winter Camp Pt.1
- Bushcraft Backpacking - New Pack and Gear Loadout
- Lightweight Backpacking Gear for a 5 Day Trip
- A Knife for my Wife
- Splitwood Fire with a Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe.
- J Leather customer service.
- Shelter Ideas
- Some uses for the Sassafrass Tree
- Natural Tinders in a Hardwood Forest: Bushcraft, Survival, Woods Knowledge.
- Bushcraft Overnight, Wool Blanket, Natural Shelter, Long Fire.
- Camping out of a Backpack.
- The Hidden Woodsmen Haversack Giveaway - Winner Announced..2 Winners!
- My Bush Buddy
- Channel Update and a bit about Myself.
- A Winter Hike with new Friends.
- Turley Knife/Council Tools Splitwood Fire
- Overnight Winter Camping Trip
- 4 Day Canoe, Fish, Swim Camp.
- Family Canoe Camping - Algonquin Park.
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Bowdrill
- Primitive fishing gouge.
- Bushcraft Trees: Eastern White Pine
- History Channel Alone: New Survival Show I am on!
- Family Camping Trip. Spring '15
- Solo Bushcraft Backpacking Camp.
- In the Woods with Scout, Shelter, Bushcraft, Lunch
- Small Axe Work/Boiling Water On A Wood Grill
- Using a snow anchor.
- Bushclass Tarp Set-up
- Mike and Joe's Excellent Adventure
- Cool Weather Clothes for Bushcraft, Camping, Outdoor Pursuits.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Fireside Chat. ALONE, Shoutouts, and Future Trips.
- 8 Days in the Wild - Boreal Forest, Fly - in Adventure!
- Turley Green River
- Bushcraft; Tarp and Bowdrill
- Bushcraft Basecamp E2 - Building the Lean To, Bucksaw Use, Outdoor Cooking.
- Winter Camping in Algonquin Park -37c
- 2 Night Winter Snowshoe Bushcraft, Camping in the Snow.
- The Soggy Saga of Joe and Co. or.. Tarp Camping in the Snow with Friends.
- Green River contest vid pt1
- Day in the Prairie
- Day Trip, Komoka Park.
- Natural Shelter Solo Overnight
- Catch and Cook and Camp! Beautiful Lake Trout- 8 Days in the Wild!
- What is Bushcraft?
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - Long Fire, Wool Blanket, Fire Reflector
- Exploring an Island - Abandoned Ruins, Giant Trees, Friendly Wildlife.
- Bowdrill with Chaga (tinder fungus)
- Joe and Doug, two fools in the woods.
- Hot Chocolate in a Pine Forest.
- Gear for Camping out of a Backpack.
- Lunch in the Woods on a Firebox Stove
- Bushcraft Vault:Joe and Kyle's First Canoe Trip.
- HD Bushcraft Video - Wild edibles, Leather Care, Natural Tinder, Pot Hook
- Backpacking Michigan
- Knife Review: S.A.K Farmer
- Scout being Scout.
- Shelter part 1
- The Bushcraft Campout: Overnight Gear, Bivy Bag.
- Day at the Bushcraft Basecamp - Axemanship, Outdoor Cooking, Fixing Camp
- Bushcraft Breakfast- Bacon, Eggs and Bannock!
- Alone in the Wild - A 5 Day Solo Excursion.
- Bushcraft in the wet snow
- Weak Hand, One Stick Fire
- Bowdrill with no notch!
- Winter Camping in a Canvas Tent with a Dog and a Woodstove.
- 24 Hours in the Mountains - Camping in the Sierra Nevada
- Belgian Malinois eats Peameal Bacon
- Overnight Alone in the Forest
- ThruNite TC10. Great Emergency/Vehicle Light.
- Canoe Camp, Eastern Ontario
- Bushcraft Lunch/Trailhawk
- Wildland Scout Backpack Update and Cool New Accessories.
- Scout's Birthday Hike/ Testing a new Camera- SJCAM
- Looking at the ThruNite TH10 Headlamp, and Giveaway Anounced!
- Bushcraft School
- Throwin the TrailHawk
- Camping Gear for a 7 Day, 175km Canoe Trip.
- Preparing for a 5 Day Winter Bushcraft Camp.
- In my Backyard. Adventure Sworn Bucksaw. Axe. Fun
- 50 Nights in the Woods.
- JRB Channel Update; Bigfoot, Do I Carry? Wild Animal Encounters, 100k Subscribers
- Make a bush chair/bench
- Canoe Camp with my Wife
- Paper test after sharpening
- New Turley Gasconade and 1 stick fire
- Answers to your Questions - Bushcraft, My Life, Outdoor Tools, Camping Advice.
- Coastal Trekking - 3 Days Backpacking Lake Superior's Rugged Coastal Trail
- Father Daughter Day In the Woods Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Roasted Marshmallows
- Bushcraft Instructionals; Camping Overnight.
- How do you use your axe?
- Quick flint and steel demo
- Plant walk and new camera
- Skills chalenge: 1stick fire method with axe Pt. 1
- Bushcraft Instructionals: Fire from a Knife and Firesteel.
- California Trip-Dispersed Camping in a National Forest-Giant Sequoia!
- Building an Overnight Bushcraft Camp; Double Adirondack Tarp Shelter, Raised Bench, Outdoor Cooking.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Breakfast, Series Finale.
- Supper in the Woods
- Short clip of OLJ bein funny
- Beast of a Flashlight for Home Preparedness.
- My New Solo Lightweight Cookset - 2016
- My Bushcraft Kit.
- Wildland Series Scout backpack bag info and launch
- Bushclass-Haft an Axe
- Lunch Time in the Bush.
- moose head
- ThruNite TN4A Giveaway!!
- Overnight at the Bushcraft Basecamp E3
- History Channel ALONE Extended Drop Off Scene-Joe
- Preparing for an Ideal Weather Backpacking Trip.
- Bushclass FAK
- Leatherwood Bowdrill
- Turley Gasconade long term thoughts.
- HD Bushcraft Video-Supper over a Fire, Wild Edibles, Axe, Hammock, Tarp.
- 3 Day Hunting, Fishing, Bushcraft Camp
- ThruNite TH10 Real World Abuse
- Bushcraft/Outdoor Skills; Build a Pothanger with your Knife.
- Bowdrill Woes
- Improvised Pack, Minimal Gear Survival Overnighter
- Canadian Winter-Time Lapse, Birds on a Homemade Bird Feeder.
- Joe and Doug go Camping. Algonquin Backpacking Trip.
- Solo Overnight Camp in a Thunderstorm - The Mist Rolls In
- 8 Days in the Wild - Boreal Forest Floatplane in Adventure Pt2
- Different tinders for use with the firesteel
- Fire Practice
- HWII plant uses Queen Annes Lace.
- Backpacking Frontenac; 3 Nights in Ontario's Backcountry
- Two Canoes, One River - A Temagami Journey. Pt1
- Adventure Sworn Bushcraft Co. Northgate Bushcraft Adventures.
- Gear Loadout/What I Took for an Overnight Spring Camp.
- Hardwoodsman Challenge: Pocketknife SWF3XP
- Winding Down in the Woods
- The varied convex grind
- Canoe Tripping; 8 Days in the Wild. Part 2, The Hard Work Begins.
- Camping with a Girl
- 48 Hour Solo Bushcraft Camp
- 3 Day, Bushcraft and Fishing in the Backcountry.
- Chopping down a Cherry Tree with my Wetterlings hatchet
- Summer Canoe Camp
- My Bushcraft Axe
- Bushcraft Knife Skills, Unknown Visitor at Camp, 250k Sub Giveaway
- Simple Knife and Axe Sharpening/ Falkniven DC4 Giveaway
- Winter Camping in Michigan.
- Field Sharpening Outdoor Tools
- Father Daughter Bushcraft
- A Great Fall Day
- The Fire Chain.
- Skills challenge:1 stick fire w/ axe Pt.2
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 2 - BUZZING, BULLFROGS AND DRAGONFLIES
- Food for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario.
- I'm Back - Steak in the Woods, New Gear, Updates and More.
- Solo Winter Bushcraft Camp-Natural Shelter-Pulk Overnighter
- Back in the Woods!
- A Lazy Day in the Autumn Woods
- Improvised steel striker
- Bushcraft Basecamp - Building a Raised Bed, Tying a Ridgepole, Outdoor Cooking E1
- 3 Easy Knots for Bushcraft, Camping, Survival.
- Budget Knives. E2 My EDC Folder.
- Battle Horse Knives-Woodsman Pro. First Look and a Splitwood Fire.
- New Backpack, and My Backpacking Gear
- In the woods after work
- Machete for Bushcraft.
- Bushcraft Instructionals; A Comprehensive Guide to the Bowdrill
- Solo Overnight Camp: Bucksaw, Bowdrill, Bushcraft, New Adventure Sworn
- Wet Wood, Knee High Flames, Knife Only.
- DIRT TIME (Collection of Camping Photos)
- Giant puffball mushroom find!
- 2017 Gone, 500k Here!
- Backpacking West Virginia: Dolly Sods, Nikon D5500, Go Pro 4 Silver
- The Bushcraft Campout: Series Intro.
- Preparing for a 4 day coastal backpacking trip
- Hammock Camping
- Preparing and Gear for a 9 day, Fly In Canoe Trip in the Boreal Wilderness.
- Take your Friends and go to the Woods! A Bushcraft Overnight.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Is a Tomahawk a Viable Wood Processing Tool?
- Summer Skills Challenge, 1 Stick Fire, No Knife
- Not what we Planned for!
- Fireside Chat; JoeRobinetBushcraft 2016
- Saws for the Outdoors, Bushcraft, Camping, Monkeying Around.
- Backpacking the North Country/Manistee River Trail Loop
- An Outdoors Lunch Tip., Quick, Easy Lighweight. Bushcraft, Camping, Hunting, Backpacking.
- Winter Camping using an Olight S2 Baton and Giving it Away.
- Best Bushcraft Pack? The Hidden Woodsmen Day Ruck!
- Camping Gear for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario
- Maxpedition Xantha Overnight Gear Loadout and First Impressions
- Two Canoes, One River - A Temagami Journey, Pt2.
- Catching and Cooking Catfish
- Looking at Olight's i3e and i3s and Giveaway
- Camping with the Family
- Crossing Ontario's Oldest Park- A Paddle and Portage Adventure!
- Solo Overnight Tarp Camp, Wool Blanket, Solitude.
- Fire by Bowdrill, Fried Eggs in the Woods, Growing up without a Father.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With Scout 2 Cooking Food, Tarp Camping, Breaking Down Camp.
- Overnight Bushcraft Gear and Camp Plans
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With My Dog Pt1 Tripod for Boiling Water Scout's Birthday, Pit Cooking.
- Sleeping Outside in The Cold With Dollar Store Items-10$ Woods Survival Challenge (24 Hours) Part 2
- Dollar Store Supershelter Overnight With My Dog-10$ Woods Survival Challenge (24 Hours)
- Solo Bushcraft Camp. Natural Shelter, Wool Blanket, Raised Bed, Long Fire.
- Camping With A Subscriber in a Canvas Tent with a Woodstove.
- Man Builds off Grid Cabin Alone in the Forest with Hand Tools.
- 2 Nights Wild Camping In Rugged Terrain, Fish Fry, Tarp Setups, Axe Work.
- 16 Gift Ideas For The Outdoor Lover, Christmas Ideas Camping, Bushcraft
- Crazy Korean Chopper!
- 2 Night Winter Bushcraft Camp, Building a Shelter With a Wooden Roof, Walls and Bed.
- HD Bushcraft Video-Building a Large Semi-Permanent Shelter, Outdoor Cooking
- Solo Overnight in a Snow Storm. Winter Camping With Subscriber Gear.
- Spending the Day Passing Outdoor Skills on to Youth
- What my Wife Really thinks of Me - Bam Son T Shirts Available!
- Big News and Unboxing Camping Stuff
- New Land New Bushcraft Gear, Bam Son!
- OFF GRID LOG CABIN Overnight!- Bear Ribs, Cold Temps, Firewood.. My Self Reliance Log Cabin Life
- Overnight Winter Ice Fishing Camp in a Hot Tent with a Woodstove on the night of the Supermoon
- SOLO WINTER SURVIVAL! Minimal Gear Overnight in a HUGE Snow Storm! 24 Hours in the Wilderness
- Minimal Gear for a Winter Survival Overnight-Load-Out and Survival Exercise Plans
- Unboxing Camping Gear with my Wife - $300 Titanium Canteen and Gear Giveaway.
- I'm sick of this
- Bushcraft Gear For a Winter Overnight Camp With my Dog
- POV White Water Kayaking Raw Footage (Humbling Experience)
- Answering your Instagram Questions - Why Am I so Butthurt?
- 24h Walmart Camping/Survival Challenge $500 Spent on Walmart Camping Gear, Camping with my Dog
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With My Dog-Rock Cooking Bacon, Making a Bush Chair.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with Scout 3. Steak Fried on a Rock, Fireside Chats, Tearing Down Camp.
- Overnight Winter Bushcraft Camp with a Dog under a White Tarp.
- I Spent $500 on Walmart Camping Gear.. and this it what i'm going to do with it.
- This is a Wednesday Video.
- 2 Night Bushcraft Camp-Building and Sleeping in a Completely Natural Shelter
- Overnight Canoe Camp in Strong Winds, Catfish, Gear, and Good Food.
- What Would you Choose to Survive -10 Items?
- New Baby Gender Reveal, Meet my LARGE family!
- High Speed Low Drag Endurance Overnighter Solo Long Distance Trip!
- I Went Camping with a Strange Old Man...
- Exhaustion in the Wild Ep 5 - 10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness
- Left Alone to Survive on an Island in the NorthWest Territories (Remote Canada)
- Solo Bushcraft Overnight in my Semi Permanent Bush Shelter, Fire Inside, Building the Front Wall.
- I Spent my 34th Birthday Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Last Ep 10 Days 10 Items
- Building a Permanent Camp-10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Ep2
- Full List of Filming, Camping, Survival Gear for 10 Days, 10 Items, Alone on an Island in the Wild
- Improving Camp and Catching Fish Ep 4 10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on Island in the Canadian Wilderness
- Joe Robinet Update Video/Crownland Camping During Ontario's Fire Ban.
- 10 Days, 10 Items ; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Mini Series.
- I'M DONE WITH CAMPING.
- Doug and I Annoying Each Other for an Hour Straight :) Episode 2
- Finding the Rhythm -10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness Ep. 3
- Show Me Your STEAK!
- EPIC 4 DAY WILDERNESS CAMP e2 STRANDED! Wind Bound on an Island.
- Deciding on Gear for a 4 Day Wilderness Camping Trip.
- I BOUGHT MY DREAM HOME AT AGE 34
- 4 DAY WILDERNESS CAMP e1 The Storm.
- Bushcraft Camp DESTROYED!
- Overnight Camp at the Hidden Waterfall
- LAST OVERNIGHT AT THE BUSHCRAFT CAMP-Saying Goodbye, Wool Blanket, Vintage Tool.
- Winter Camping With my Dog out of a TRUCK!
- SOLO BUSHCRAFT CAMP 4 Items Only -Natural Shelter- Wild Game Over the Fire
- "THE HUT" E1- Locating a Camp Spot-Hauling Logs-Bacon on a Rock.
- CELEBRATING 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS at the MY SELF RELIANCE LOG CABIN!
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - WAKING UP IN THE SNOW!
- 1 Million Subscriber Special!!!
- Late Stage Lymphoma.
- in respone to pewdiepie $60 VS $135 WHISKEY (SCOTCH)
- 2 Days ATVing and Winter Camping in a Canvas Tent with a Woodstove!
- Workin at the Homestead- Scout Update-Stacking Firewood.