Building a Permanent Camp-10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Ep2
Install Vikings: War of Clans now and get 200 gold!
iOS - http://bit.ly/2K2S78p
Android - http://bit.ly/2wmdBen
SUBSCRIBE TO SEE THE WHOLE SERIES!
Join me in an adventure of a lifetime.
I spend 10 days alone with 10 items in a backpack, I live/camp on an Island, have a canoe to travel in search of food.
I live on fish and whatever small reserves I had.
I encounter Eagles, loons, and beaver, see sign of Black Bear, Moose, and many other animals
I have epic sunsets, strong camp vibes, and lots of time to think and film.
I build a semi permanent shelter, chair, tripod, carve a spoon, and have endless camp chores.
This is the second video in a mini series, I have a ton of footage.
The next video in the series will be out soon.
I hope you all enjoy 10 Days, 10 Items ; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness.
Tags: Bushcraft,Survival,Backpacking,Canoe,Dog Training,Axe,Ontario,Canada,Fire,Bowdrill,HD,Nikon,Gopro,wildcamp,crownland,movie,wild,camping,miniseries,canoetripping,canada,cook,alone,angling,fishing,pike,solo,ontario,outside,campvibes,tinyhome,offtheland
you guys oh my goodness is anyone there [Applause]
hey guys I really hope you're liking the miniseries so far we're about to watch episode two I was lucky enough to get a sponsor for this video sponsorships helped me go and do this kind of stuff that I enjoy doing and then you like to watch I'm not asking you guys for money I'm doing sponsorships instead so I think it works out pretty well a sponsor for this video is Vikings
thank you very much Vikings Vikings has just gone through another massive update finally adding new shamans and kingdoms really this is the best time to join the action what I recommend you do is to try the legendary Indian battle events of over 1 million players it is greatest blinking stands out with its HD 3d graphics and smooth painfully the best part is you get to choose your own play style build an indestructible fortress or just gather your friends but if you're starting together conquer the world you have to reappear E&C excitement of the 90s and 2000's top games that we all miss like the Elder Scrolls god of war Mass Effect Metal Gear Solid things like that try Vikings now install the game with my links in the description below and get 200 gold and protection shield for free that's it guys that's the sponsorship go check out Vikings here we are into the video I really hope you like this one the next one will be up Friday it will be a gear video a full gear rundown video so here's the ten items I chose all together starting at the top left is my tarp by aqua quest my sleeping bag underneath by MEC next to it is my egg will Canyon boreal 21 saw my fire steel column fire steal my Webber handmade Algonquin knife my paracord my zebra pot my fishing tackle my graspers Brooks Scandinavia forest axe and my food look over here this is all of the extra stuff I have this all of this together is exactly all everything I have good thing this frost server has long straps okay
there she be damn son we're gonna get out of here this plane is kicking up even more
you were a good one thank you for your wood your resources on to the next one okay we're off island caught a flake right in here yes yes yes oh my goodness okay too much guys can't mess around too much guys all this this thing is coming there's no getting around it I'm not letting this go this fish is knocking away this fish is not getting away you hear me swish is not getting away okay okay yes whoa okay yes yes thank God oh my goodness that's a nice pike I almost did not get that guy in the boat that was sketchy I yes I'm shaking I'm so excited I'm so excited for a pike oh my god thank god this changes the game now like I can eat good today I can eat good today that's that's two meals on that guy I was literally just saying oh I got it on film I was just saying this is where I caught that play cut yesterday or almost caught that Pike had it on who lost it boom he hits right there could have been the same one I really don't care looks about the same size actually this is a decent size fish it's not a monster pike but it's a good eater everything's coming up millhouse I got to continue on to my my next location the next shelter spot I'm extremely content extremely this is money in the bank maybe up there it's not too slanted it's nice and open Rocky [Music]
worth a shot worth looking at anyway very few trees very spindly - so that's not the greatest for shelter building and firewood this lake is so shallow with so many exposed rocks it's pretty marshy in there I don't know how that'll be for bugs when the time comes
that's the thing like I'm trying to think of a bunch of different things for the shelter like all chipmunk wind sawn bugs building materials firewood because I'm gonna be here for the next week gonna be in that location for the next week this is pretty boggy it's all bog right there which leads me to believe that there'd be a lot of mosquitoes so you know what this is pretty flat but look what's there to tie off to or anything all these trees are spindly spindly spindly no I'm not in love with this spot yep decision is made coming up to another spot here that might be suitable I'm gonna hop up on shore and check her out again I like the boat landing so here's another Island spot looks suitable to me you gotta check out the resources all right off the hop I see spruce which will be my bedding it could be my bedding this is all lichen on the ground that's the stuff I was using for fire and underneath that straight rock so I can have my fire up on top of this goes into the bush a bit here this Islands quite a bit bigger than my first island oh look at them all that's a pretty hot spot actually look at that if I take away that middle dead log there's like a nice hot spot it is pretty windy but this is the most sheltered spot I've seen so far I could lay here clear all these trees out of here these little spindly nuffin trees we use those trees for the shelter oh I could tie a ridge pole high in one of those trees string my tarp up make a big tripod over there and then lean some of the trees that I cut down on the ridge pole drape the tarp over that so it has like structure ribs hmm it's super windy it's super windy it's crazy the wind is coming from a few different directions here probably because I'm on the island it's a hard decision guys it really is I think I like this spot it's definitely a possibility I like a lot more than the first one or the first option we stopped at try to make up my mind here on this being home and if not in a few days if it gets real bad I can move but so I have a decent amount of work to do if this is gonna be my shelter squat obviously this is way too crowded in here I got to get rid of a lot of these trees the good thing is though there's not really much soil and I believe that a lot of these trees are just in the top few inches of Duff and moss and lichen so I should be able to just pull some out yeah these small ones I can pull out not gonna take too much effort but bigger ones but I'll have to use my saw on my act I have to clear out this whole area high off there I put a tripod where the camera is I'll be able to have a fire underneath my tarp but in front of it I'll put the bed at the back laying sideways should be pretty good and I'll be able to use all these poles for a shelter building yeah I guess it's not good to pull it out I pull them out I'm pulling up all the moss with me and I don't know how much more I want to get out of here I know I want to move a lot because the fire but I'm not sure where just yet so do that I mean that's a quite a bit of moss I can use that it on my bed too before I put my um my spruce boughs down I can build up a huge pile of moss
then put the boughs down I'll have a nice comfortable bed wanna cut these as close to the ground as possible that way I don't have a bunch of roofs hanging out everywhere stumps at me this is where my bed's gonna be I've got to get rid on this log that's awesome I'll lay like this oh yeah not too shabby
area is pretty clear now looking good I do need to find a ridgepole a long straight sturdy Ridge pull I'm gonna come back into the forest on the island here try and get one look at the moss back in here man this is awesome look at this this is wild I'm Way back here away from the shore run a little clamshell that's cool I haven't seen any animals man I've only seen birds no bear no wolves howling no moose no caribou I've seen loons an eagle and a bunch of different kinds of birds
there's grouse poop right here it's a bunch of it okay the tree I need is right here I'm gonna try and take it down back in this tangled mess of trees and snags
that's good firewood holy okay the first part of that's done I gotta haul it out of this bush that could be challenging
okay not almost done I'll play along ah I have to keep these glasses on getting scratched up like crazy and okay here's the top of it and I clean these branches off and pull her out bam shine and now I've got all these limbs eyebrows so I can use for a bed I don't know if it'll show up in the video but there's a sundog a rainbow all the way around the Sun a complete circle it's the second time I've seen this I've got to really spend my time and clean off the pokies on this ridgepole I don't want to poke a hole through my tarp obviously so take some time and do this properly
and put it up that high and then try a tripod over here but still tie that one there tripod there that's a bit high actually I might have to come down it's a bit high okay good to know wow it's windy man I gotta tie up my tripod now for my other end of the shelter I'm just gonna use this random piece of rope that was in my life jacket about that long so I tie it connected to one I'm gonna do some wraps and fraps I want to make this pretty sturdy right so I've got a big heavy log on top of it and these are kind of spindly at the top I'm gonna go inside and wrap the cord on itself and those are called fraps it's like a lash almost should it will be very sturdy I'm super hungry but I just keep working because I don't want to eat any of my reserves and I want to eat that plague I'm gonna have that plate for lunch so I believe that's what I'm gonna do at least I'm just gonna keep working until I feel like I can't work anymore I'm going slow and methodical it's uh I know I need to do that so that I don't burn myself oh and so that I don't make a mistake because I'm very hungry and dehydrated too you can feel it and see it in my pee okay okay tall got to come closer actually yep that'll work that will work tying the song with the Canadian Jam not I really want this secured so I'm going to wrap it a few times after I tie it on I was stupid I was really dumb man that sucked up a huge headache now dammit dammit
okay that was my first big mistake out here ah stupid okay
now to tie it on we want to tie the support stick in there too even though it's a super good piece of firewood I cut it for firewood you know I think I almost need a support stick here so I'm just going to tie all three things together using the Canadian Jam I'm happy I brought the big tarp now that might not work stick a little beaver chewed stick up through a tab there we go this thing I cleaned up all the pokies
that's not what I need yeah that's gonna be sweet that's about perfect I gotta get something tied down so this doesn't fly off but whoo bunny that Sun just came out - oh that's a tarp
this is just roughly done right now just kind of tied on nothing's in place I still have to get some ribs two or three on either side to hold this tarp up from going in from the wind
I have to tie it down better but look at the size of this thing I can legit have a fire right in front sleep sideways I'll have lots of room for stuff will do the hang stuff up this is cool I got a little tree inside my shelter very cool so you can see it's all saggy very saggy but that'll get fixed and that's my view BAM okay I'm calling this done for today it's a shelter at least the shelter part of it I still have lots more that I can improve upon but more ribs tied crosspieces lock up a little gap on the bottom there but for today I'm fine this is totally cool this is way better than what I had in past two nights so what a one I do now is clear the space in front of me we're gonna get a fire pit ready and click off my lunch and be very very exhausted how exhausted very very hungry and thirsty too [Applause]
can I get my stuff over the Sun I want my fire pit right at the edge of the tarp here but a little bit on the inside so that in case it's raining in case it rains I can sit in here and still have a fire I'm gonna get all this Moss out of here
so nothing catches fire yeah might be a little bit more difficult than I thought you gotta get down to rock down to rock bro
yep there's rock right underneath see how these trees grow hey just barely any taproot her no tap root I'll just spiderwebs out because the soil is not deep at all that's why they can be blown over easily with the wind there's all my firewood my kindling my bigger piece is my biggest I'll light up this fire
no one sticking it on right away fish meets my Betty so I already cleaned that Pike I didn't want to leave it sitting in the Sun I cleaned it right when I got here actually didn't want to leave it sitting in the Sun and yeah didn't want to leave it you know intact either because I want to spoil the meat so I'll show you what I did I ended up sacrificing one of my camera battery bags Oh a ziplock and I put the meat in there and then I sunk it in the water with a rock to keep it cool to get brushed you were ready to go I need a piece of it right now for lunch hey I'm meat I'm only gonna take one piece I'll take the back strap I did the five filet method oh no that's the that's the filet where's the back doesn't matter I got five filets in there a good amount of meat I'm gonna eat this one right now for lunch by itself not with rice and then I'll put these with rice tonight it'll be good will be good doesn't that look cozy what a nice home loss carb fire I'm working a spore really I'm gonna cook my fish on the stick my spirit through stick it near the fire no lard no seasoning the lemon just eat this fish nice and natural just fire your smoke you know on a fresh pine quick to just the best kind of wood for this right all right that's a good hunk of meat guys super stoked on that move my fish prop it up on the log hold it down with the raw put it right in front of the flames as the wind was blowing it the flames the wrong way for it to cook the fish so now it's all squared away is working really good flip her over oh yeah
boiling fish is probably done - all right folks moment of truth here man do a great job of getting the Y bones out but that's okay too hahaha
I'll show you guys like have like I said why bones make a dip a little to clean it not difficult just different it's okay I'm picking it out instead of two filets off a pike you get five just pretty decent oh man this is much needed this is much needed way better than a sucker we tell you that yeah I did a really horrible job leaving his Y bones in Oh
never viably so happy to eat pike this is a good amount of meat right now and they still have probably the equivalent to what I just cooked now over there I messed up on the other flee this is the best fillet I made the other ones weren't that great again I'm using my built knife so it's hard but I'll cook the rest tonight with with with a bit of rice so only a little tiny bit of rice cuz it over did the rice last night but everything's working out everything evening out I'm soaked on this ready for a cup of hot water mmm
oh look at this meat ah don't touch the ground broke I gotta show you this first here are the Y bones and I was talking about you can see it look like wise you can see they look like wise hence the Y bone garbage but anyways look at me bro look at that meat I'm gonna have meat more why balloons look at my bone boy don't try to swallow why bones doesn't turn out well I hear a bush plane I hear a little plane you guys hear it I don't see it you can definitely hear it it's a cool feeling cool feeling knowing I'm here alone it's very cool all right I mean you thrust my pike pretty much wind in here I could get out and paddle around but it'd be a heck of a time in fact I just been laying in bed reading in bed laying on the moss reading I haven't even made a bed yet it's close to four o'clock III have been really good wrote in my journal last night that I needed to make today productive I needed to move camps I needed to catch a pike and eat it and all of that happened that was my to-do list to myself from yesterday man the wind is webbing through that way for airflow for breeze for smoke to come out I do have a little bit of wind coming in there but it's okay the temperature is not cold it's actually really comfortable when I get to my sleeping bag nice and warm and the wind dies down at night it has every night so far and I remember that from the last time I was here in any as a general rule that's how it she goes so I'm not too concerned about it if it does become an issue I'll make like a brush wind blog on the back and on the one side we're still gonna add on to the shelter stuff throughout the next couple days but like I said today I'm done I do have to make a bed I need a bed to sleep on very content very comfortable sun's out the wind's blowing I got my hood on sitting in the Sun it's just there's no bugs there's no bugs at all I might change but for now there's no bugs Plus even if there was with this win there's no black flies are gonna be here last night add a few mosquitoes buzzing and stuff but is it crazy that I'm thinking about my next trip already I'll get home from school I'm thinking about her and the wife of that when I get up and around this time because that's the time she's going to school and coming home having supper they're probably having a lot of fun without me my wife is very pregnant very pregnant now and I told her I'd come home with a name it's a girl we know that some of you will know that too from watching my gender reveal video so it's hard it's hard finding a picking a name with emerald I knew right away I wanted her name to be emerald I love the name Emmy I love the fact that it's my birthstone it's kind of Irish II she's uh she's my little jewel
so yeah I got to think of a name gotta think of a good baby name for a girl I am at peace right now a lot of the times I have a song playing through my head while I'm out and just constant just inner noise but just sitting here looking at the lake quiet internally quiet there's something to be said about camping solo there's something to be said about being out in the wilderness by yourself I like what it's good to enjoy which is something that I struggle with normally check out these pine cones don't they look weird
well I've been doing much look at that look how they grow all the way around the scene that's crazy anyways having to do much been laying here reading six o'clock now I'm winded it's just absolutely ridiculously when do it today I'm really hoping it dies down tomorrow there's no getting in the canoe hopefully tonight hopefully tight when it gets dark or about to get dark and go for a nighttime paddle like I like to do but other than that I'm here I'm winded on this island so I'm gonna cook up my dinner rice and fish I made a little bit of improvements to the shelter I put another Ridge rib up there tied it off I put one on the outside too because to hold it all in place this thing is just shaking like crazy it's sturdy it's not going anywhere the tripod sturdy the ridgepole sturdy everything's safe it's just super windy and noisy so tied that off hung a couple pieces of gear up I wasn't got my camera here and everything all up from the boat had to tie the boat up because the wind again Dilli I was happy that I cut that bike a beaten rice dinner again if I didn't okay I got a decent amount of firewood here enough for supper and then some and then after that all wander around the island and gather as much as I can it'll probably stay late till about ten o'clock again tonight [Applause]
not like in man I'm liking it a little upside down fire [Applause]
here we go catch from earlier it's going in Boyle and then I'm going to make rice in that water that's a good amount of meat guys that's a really good amount of meat that's good very very good it's a little windy just a touch windy oh my goodness it's time for the wind to die down now all day it's windy it's just super windy [Applause]
gotta make myself another spoon for scoop eating utensil Deeley I know I said I was gonna keep the last one but I didn't want to put it in the pack and bring it here I thought I'll just make another one so this would be my third one day three third thirds or he'd utensils
yeah yeah idiot oh man there's no like like maple you know like a nice smooth easygoing maple there's old jack pad [Applause]
it looks like it's done to me oh she's falling apart boy yeah that's done okay I'm gonna throw these in here boil up my rice I probably do have to dump some of this water out because I have a ton of it and it'll be too much for my rice but dump all of it out try and keep some of the nutrients in there I was expecting this to take a little bit longer to cook so I thought that the water would have evaporated but no I know
do it for next time okay that's not a bad amount of meat guys that plus a little bit of rice some of those dehydrated vegetables eating like a king tonight like IQ less than yesterday like that's not that much should've brought more rice I do have this this and this is a lot more this isn't minute rice so it's it fluffs up a lot more from the less you use the more you get okay losing my mind guys losing my mind okie Dokes I know I'm probably gonna hear people saying you shouldn't be cooking where you're sleeping dealing with food where you're sleeping and stuff but I'm on an island part of the reason I wanted to be on an island was so that I could do this I know bears can swim with the likelihood of one just smelling me and coming to this island or being on this island already and coming over to me because it smells food is very unlikely and I will chase it off if it does if it does happen but I'm not too concerned about it at all but if you are don't do like I do I'm not an example for everyone I'm just doing things the way I want to do them good app I love this cooks in Seoul of Siberia let's try a little piece of fish it's cold that's good about my bed made just enough for tonight I'll have to redo it tomorrow I got my present I'm always looking at it it's just like kind of propped up so I can see the happy birthday on it can't wait to open that and I put a week got all my camera gear my coat my light my hat acts this place already feels way more home-like than than the last camp just because like I have a big shelter where I can be and have all my stuff in and hang out at I'll have to keep running back from one spot to the other kind of thing although I did like that too but this just feels more home-like
is it homey or homely I was saying homely meaning that and people were said that that's not what that means and I've also heard homely like well that baby looks homely you know that's a homely looking baby said one snuggly baby one snuggly baby sure is one snuggly baby okay this is perfect I pulled it off just in time there's still a little bit of water in the bottom of this throw my fish in now and put it back in that way it'll all heat up together I'm gonna break up that fish not too much I don't want to mushy but look at that guys look at that
that's a meal right there well I gotta be careful both my bones but that's okay all right that's going back on all right she done
I'm gonna treat myself put a little kink spice in this piece mmm flavortown this has been a good day it's been a very good day it's not choke on Y bones and call it a great day there we go cheers guys whoo that's okay that's okay stoked on that man this is good this is so good this is gonna be filling I'm very happy
I was worried guys I was worried there for a bit on the fishing so if I remember correctly it's supposed to be wooden you like this for two or three days so that means a good number early tomorrow super early go paddle around fish and try and get probably one or two fish if I can if I can grab two that'd be great no I'll just grab the one one worked out fine for me today I haven't been overly hungry at all that lunch held me over and then this is like icing on the cake for sure but I'd have to get fish and I have to get resources I want to get firewood I know there's a lot of firewood around the shore and stuff I want to paddle the circumference of my island just to get a fuel for it so I do want it and I like to paddle I want to be in the water go get up early early in the morning do that I may enjoy my supper I'll be back with you guys this is so good I can't hold you I'll get back to you after I'm done this is really really really good this is what I want to have on my birthday dinner I need to make that happen this is so good well supper was really really good sitting well it filled me up like the best so far so that's great I'm content I'm feeling pretty good getting chilly I was gonna go paddle around it seemed to calm down for a little bit but it's back now windy 7:30 so maybe that's not gonna happen think but I got to go down to the water clean up my stuff and boil up some water proof for drinking I'll probably make a spruce tea or something like that I haven't seen any Labrador tea on this island
yeah it's windy bigboy i toughed i talked so i messed up and didn't bring a ton of memory cards and my 64 gig memory card that I brought that usually lasts like days must have been half full or three-quarters of a full because it ran out the first day and I just filled up as my second in memory card which was my 32 gig I had this 16 and then I have whatever is in Harlan's two cameras I'll take out and I'll using this and then I have my Nikon with the SD card in it so I think I'll be okay and I have my GoPros and stuff but I just I messed up by not formatting the the 64 gig and probably I should have had two or three 64 gigs on top of everything else but that's okay
I think everything will be fine hope it ended up coming down quite a bit from what it was so I got over on the boat piled around a little bit enjoyed a nice sunset just catching the tail end of it right now a little bit of pink left in the sky there's a little bit more color it's beauty oh now guys absolutely awesome I could stay over here till it gets completely dark I think I will that's what I'm doing day three was really good that's my island it's like ten times bigger than my last one that part there that little almost disconnect apart probably the size my last one it's all connected it's quite big what a sight for sore eyes all right so this kind of sucks I'm just sitting here thinking what if they put any kind of food in that present for me and I just had to look real quick like I didn't want to like look at anything in particular but I look in the first thing I see is a chocolate bar and all this now this is like stuff to make s'mores and then hot chocolate that's really nice of them but I can't have this in here you know my foods way over there away from my on my shelter so I didn't look at like the important things what they s they wrote me something and there's pictures I just looked away real quick so I didn't see but I can't I can't have this here sleeping with this that's just that's just asking for trouble so thank you hon ease I appreciate it but this is dangerous this is night three so I'm gonna go put this with my food I'm very happy to have it I had no idea it was here yeah that's really cool and it would've been even cooler on the last night but I guess I wouldn't have eaten it all on the last night anyway that have been too much already got the sick got my food all the way down here by the water my earth sack you can see it back in there there you go so I got tied on the inside of a few trees that weight makes it super difficult if anything tries to get at it and they can't get inside it anyways or can't take it away but it seems to be a really good way to do it you know I had to do it I couldn't just put it away once I saw it I knew I was doing it a little smaller
you got to roast the marshmallow just so it slightly crows crow stood lately brown crispy and roasted as well as trying to say got the chocolate up here melting away yeah you buddy i melted the chocolate and over time oh my so much sugar Wow I mean all these graham crackers are already crushed in there eh as soon as I put them in that bag man that's good Thank You family I should have known better I should have told them make sure there's no food in it well good luck that's pretty cool just laying here whole shelters lit up listening to loons very cool very serene good morning I'm up with the Sun the winds already kicking up and waters moving pretty good I'm gonna get up and have some breakfast and then get out and try to fish this was the worst sleep I had and I still had a pretty good sleep I have to adjust adjust my bed I was on a slant and I didn't put enough boughs and stuff but that's okay I'll make a proper bed and stuff time for some oats I'm first them both of my belly
About the Author
Joe is a very talented bushcrafter. He has a "straight" approach to bushcraft life-style. His videos reach a very high quality, both for the shootings and for the content. He took part on the History Channel show "Alone"
You can find all his videos on his YouTube channel.
More articles from this author
- Hrdwdsmn Skills:Shavings/Knee High Flames
- The Missus making a flint & steel fire
- The Bushcraft Campout: Multicam Poncho Tarp Shelter on Raised Bed.
- Hardwoods Challenges Pt. 2
- Bushcraft Gear Giveaway - The Hidden Woodsmen
- Day Hike with Doug and Mike. JoeRobinetBushcraft.
- challenge 2
- Fire at night
- Camping in the Woods
- Canoe Tripping; 8 Days in the Wild. Part1-The Easy Days.
- HD Bushcraft Video; Tarp Shelter, Lunch, Fire, Wood Collection and a new Bushcraft Knife
- 3 Day Winter Camping Trip in a Hot Tent with my Dog
- Splitwood Fire in the Rain;Camillus Carnivore
- Fire in the rain
- Weekend camp Pinery Park
- Dougs Property and Joes Bush
- Land Nav
- Awesome Tarp Shelter; Bushcraft Survival Camping
- Off Grid : Man and Dog Live in Canvas Tent
- HD Bushcraft Video - Outdoor Cooking, Knife Use, Wood Processing, Tree ID.
- Get to know Joe. e1
- Sunny Day out
- Basic dog obedience
- Natural Tinders in Winter
- Woods Time
- Hangin in the Woods: HD Bushcraft/Outdoor Video.
- How to Set up a Group Tarp Shelter
- Thrunite Ti5 Specs and Giveaway.
- My Bushcraft EDC.
- Sassafrass and Ash Bowdrill set
- Knee high flames in 30 seconds
- Fall Camp 2011
- Bush Chair
- 48h Camp and Build Large Permanent Super Shelter on Newly Acquired Property
- Mike and Joe's Most Excellent Adventure
- FAMILY DAY TRIP
- Day Out. New Hammock, Talking History's Alone, and a Fire
- Firelay Overnighter
- Hoosier National Forest.
- Adventure Sworn and Battoning
- JoeRobinetBushcraft Official Channel Trailer 2015
- The 10 Items I brought with me on ALONE...and why.
- New Backpack and Gear Loadout for a Spring Overnight Camp
- Green Wood Splitwood Fire
- Bluegill Underwater in HD.
- 88 Tactical Entry Vid
- I found a "shut" in the woods!
- Playin with Scout.
- Get To Know Joe E3. Finding Enjoyment in the City
- Camping with a Kid.
- Bushcraft Vault Pt.2: May 2013 Canoe Trip Algonquin Park
- Natural Insulation Bed/Wool Blanket Overnight
- Backpacking Algonquin's Highland Trail.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp
- new JLT bushcrafter
- Preparing for a Two Night Backpacking Trip.
- My Outdoor Knives-Bushcraft, Backpacking, Canoe Tripping
- Backcountry Lake Superior Canoe Camp Part 1
- Winter Overnight Bushcraft Gear
- How to use a Firesteel Correctly.
- HWII Land Nav.
- Bushcraft in the Winter
- Bushcraft Instructionals: Shemagh and Tomahawk Outing
- How to Cook Bacon and Eggs Outdoors with no Metal Cooking Implements
- HD Bushcraft Video; Axe, Saw, Cook, Enjoy the Day.
- Preparing for an 8 Day Canoe Trip
- Bowdrill in the hardwoods
- Hardwoodsman Skills
- Axe, Bacon and Eggs.
- HD Winter Bushcraft Video. Fire, Cooking Tacos, New Gear.
- Turley Dogwood Woodsman's Knife
- SnowTrekker Hot Tent, Woodstove and Winter Camping Plans
- Golite Shangri-La 3
- My Fishing Gear for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario
- How to be Comfortable in the Woods.
- Something a little different...but not much haha
- Snowy Hike in -30c
- 6 Day canoe Trip in Killarney Provincial Park
- Basic Pincher Collar Obedience and Understanding (Dog Training)
- My Les Stroud(Survivorman) Story: Get to Know Joe. e2
- Ruining Wild Places.
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 3 - "BLACKFLIES FOR MOSQUITOES"
- Trip to Doug's Property.
- Point Pelee Family Trip
- Solo Winter Overnight Bushcraft Camp
- Fjallraven Outdoor Clothes and Gear. Keb, Vidda Pro Trousers, Friluft 55.
- My New Logo Explained. JoeRobinetBushcraft
- Roadtrip and Camping with the Girls
- Turley Boones Branch neck knife
- New Adventure Sworn Knife, Bacon, Eggs & Toast.
- Friction Fire Tuesday
- Squirrel lunch.
- 3 Night Winter Bushcraft Camp.
- Bushcraft, Camping Gear: Overnight Pulk Loadout.
- Canoe Day Trip: Fishing, Steak, Fun.
- A Blizzard in the Forest - Hot Tea in the Woods on a Cold Day.
- Bowdrill in a Blizzard?
- Wild Leek Lunch
- 20" Wett Splitwood Fire
- Bushclass lessons
- Camping Gear Giveaway
- 6 Days Backpacking the Western Uplands Trail
- Gear for a 2 Night Bushcraft Camp in the Snow
- Expensive GoPro vs Cheap Action Camera
- Get to Know Joe E4-The One About Scout
- Cicada Fun!!!
- Last years failed solo overnight.
- A day in the bush
- Improvised Bowsaw.
- 5 Day Winter Snowshoe Bushcraft Camp
- 24 Hour Wild Camp out of a Maxpedition Xantha.
- How to Give a Dog Medicine.
- I Got a New Tattoo
- Fireside Chat-Solo Winter Camp.
- Some of My Bushcraft Gear
- Winter Camping in Northern Michigan.
- How to dehydrate your own food for Backpacking
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - Tomahawk Steak over the Fire, Frost River Pack, Bugs!
- A Christmas Stocking Stuffer Idea.
- ThruNite TH10 Giveaway
- Bowdrill:Sassafras Bark Hearth
- ThruNite TH10 Vs Fenix HL50
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 1 - MOOSE
- Making the Best out of a Bad Situation.
- Saturday Morning Bushcraft Hike in the Prairie with Scout.
- Becker BK2 Contest Vid
- All my Heros
- IA Woodsman axe practice Response
- Midwest School of Bushcraft Ohio Class
- Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 Backpacking Tent
- Camping Gear: Sleeping Pads and Tarps
- Spring Bushcraft Camp
- Full Rundown on My Fall Camping/Bushcraft Gear.
- ALONE.. Yup I Tapped, and Why.
- Bowdrill fire from start to finish
- The Axe is Back; Wintertime Edition.
- Chillin In My Hammock-Day out with Scout
- Solo Bushcraft Camp. 2 Nights in the Snow - Natural Shelter, Minimal Gear.
- My Transportation to the Wild : Swift Packboat Adirondack 13.6
- Canadian Winter Camping...
- 5 splitwood fires
- Man in the Creek Drill
- A lunch in my old woods.
- Lunch in the woods.
- Bushcraft Shelters-Sleeping in a Snow Trench.
- Budget Knives. E1
- The Bushcraft Campout: Cooking Salmon, Bushcraft Style
- Solo Overnight Hammock Camp in a Thunderstorm P1. Calm Before the Storm
- Bowdrill fire using my Turley Gasconade
- Axe work and trying to Edit
- Tagged, make an eating utensil.
- 4 Day Winter Camp Pt.1
- Bushcraft Backpacking - New Pack and Gear Loadout
- Lightweight Backpacking Gear for a 5 Day Trip
- A Knife for my Wife
- Splitwood Fire with a Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe.
- J Leather customer service.
- Shelter Ideas
- Some uses for the Sassafrass Tree
- Natural Tinders in a Hardwood Forest: Bushcraft, Survival, Woods Knowledge.
- Bushcraft Overnight, Wool Blanket, Natural Shelter, Long Fire.
- Camping out of a Backpack.
- The Hidden Woodsmen Haversack Giveaway - Winner Announced..2 Winners!
- My Bush Buddy
- Channel Update and a bit about Myself.
- A Winter Hike with new Friends.
- Turley Knife/Council Tools Splitwood Fire
- Overnight Winter Camping Trip
- 4 Day Canoe, Fish, Swim Camp.
- Family Canoe Camping - Algonquin Park.
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Bowdrill
- Primitive fishing gouge.
- Bushcraft Trees: Eastern White Pine
- History Channel Alone: New Survival Show I am on!
- Family Camping Trip. Spring '15
- Solo Bushcraft Backpacking Camp.
- In the Woods with Scout, Shelter, Bushcraft, Lunch
- Small Axe Work/Boiling Water On A Wood Grill
- Using a snow anchor.
- Bushclass Tarp Set-up
- Mike and Joe's Excellent Adventure
- Cool Weather Clothes for Bushcraft, Camping, Outdoor Pursuits.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Fireside Chat. ALONE, Shoutouts, and Future Trips.
- 8 Days in the Wild - Boreal Forest, Fly - in Adventure!
- Turley Green River
- Bushcraft; Tarp and Bowdrill
- Bushcraft Basecamp E2 - Building the Lean To, Bucksaw Use, Outdoor Cooking.
- Winter Camping in Algonquin Park -37c
- 2 Night Winter Snowshoe Bushcraft, Camping in the Snow.
- The Soggy Saga of Joe and Co. or.. Tarp Camping in the Snow with Friends.
- Green River contest vid pt1
- Day in the Prairie
- Day Trip, Komoka Park.
- Natural Shelter Solo Overnight
- Catch and Cook and Camp! Beautiful Lake Trout- 8 Days in the Wild!
- What is Bushcraft?
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - Long Fire, Wool Blanket, Fire Reflector
- Exploring an Island - Abandoned Ruins, Giant Trees, Friendly Wildlife.
- Bowdrill with Chaga (tinder fungus)
- Joe and Doug, two fools in the woods.
- Hot Chocolate in a Pine Forest.
- Gear for Camping out of a Backpack.
- Lunch in the Woods on a Firebox Stove
- Bushcraft Vault:Joe and Kyle's First Canoe Trip.
- HD Bushcraft Video - Wild edibles, Leather Care, Natural Tinder, Pot Hook
- Backpacking Michigan
- Knife Review: S.A.K Farmer
- Scout being Scout.
- Shelter part 1
- The Bushcraft Campout: Overnight Gear, Bivy Bag.
- Day at the Bushcraft Basecamp - Axemanship, Outdoor Cooking, Fixing Camp
- Bushcraft Breakfast- Bacon, Eggs and Bannock!
- Alone in the Wild - A 5 Day Solo Excursion.
- Bushcraft in the wet snow
- Weak Hand, One Stick Fire
- Bowdrill with no notch!
- Winter Camping in a Canvas Tent with a Dog and a Woodstove.
- 24 Hours in the Mountains - Camping in the Sierra Nevada
- Belgian Malinois eats Peameal Bacon
- Overnight Alone in the Forest
- ThruNite TC10. Great Emergency/Vehicle Light.
- Canoe Camp, Eastern Ontario
- Bushcraft Lunch/Trailhawk
- Wildland Scout Backpack Update and Cool New Accessories.
- Scout's Birthday Hike/ Testing a new Camera- SJCAM
- Looking at the ThruNite TH10 Headlamp, and Giveaway Anounced!
- Bushcraft School
- Throwin the TrailHawk
- Camping Gear for a 7 Day, 175km Canoe Trip.
- Preparing for a 5 Day Winter Bushcraft Camp.
- In my Backyard. Adventure Sworn Bucksaw. Axe. Fun
- 50 Nights in the Woods.
- JRB Channel Update; Bigfoot, Do I Carry? Wild Animal Encounters, 100k Subscribers
- Make a bush chair/bench
- Canoe Camp with my Wife
- Paper test after sharpening
- New Turley Gasconade and 1 stick fire
- Answers to your Questions - Bushcraft, My Life, Outdoor Tools, Camping Advice.
- Coastal Trekking - 3 Days Backpacking Lake Superior's Rugged Coastal Trail
- Father Daughter Day In the Woods Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Roasted Marshmallows
- Bushcraft Instructionals; Camping Overnight.
- How do you use your axe?
- Quick flint and steel demo
- Plant walk and new camera
- Skills chalenge: 1stick fire method with axe Pt. 1
- Bushcraft Instructionals: Fire from a Knife and Firesteel.
- California Trip-Dispersed Camping in a National Forest-Giant Sequoia!
- Building an Overnight Bushcraft Camp; Double Adirondack Tarp Shelter, Raised Bench, Outdoor Cooking.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Breakfast, Series Finale.
- Supper in the Woods
- Short clip of OLJ bein funny
- Beast of a Flashlight for Home Preparedness.
- My New Solo Lightweight Cookset - 2016
- My Bushcraft Kit.
- Wildland Series Scout backpack bag info and launch
- Bushclass-Haft an Axe
- Lunch Time in the Bush.
- moose head
- ThruNite TN4A Giveaway!!
- Overnight at the Bushcraft Basecamp E3
- History Channel ALONE Extended Drop Off Scene-Joe
- Preparing for an Ideal Weather Backpacking Trip.
- Bushclass FAK
- Leatherwood Bowdrill
- Turley Gasconade long term thoughts.
- HD Bushcraft Video-Supper over a Fire, Wild Edibles, Axe, Hammock, Tarp.
- 3 Day Hunting, Fishing, Bushcraft Camp
- ThruNite TH10 Real World Abuse
- Bushcraft/Outdoor Skills; Build a Pothanger with your Knife.
- Bowdrill Woes
- Improvised Pack, Minimal Gear Survival Overnighter
- Canadian Winter-Time Lapse, Birds on a Homemade Bird Feeder.
- Joe and Doug go Camping. Algonquin Backpacking Trip.
- Solo Overnight Camp in a Thunderstorm - The Mist Rolls In
- 8 Days in the Wild - Boreal Forest Floatplane in Adventure Pt2
- Different tinders for use with the firesteel
- Fire Practice
- HWII plant uses Queen Annes Lace.
- Backpacking Frontenac; 3 Nights in Ontario's Backcountry
- Two Canoes, One River - A Temagami Journey. Pt1
- Adventure Sworn Bushcraft Co. Northgate Bushcraft Adventures.
- Gear Loadout/What I Took for an Overnight Spring Camp.
- Hardwoodsman Challenge: Pocketknife SWF3XP
- Winding Down in the Woods
- The varied convex grind
- Canoe Tripping; 8 Days in the Wild. Part 2, The Hard Work Begins.
- Camping with a Girl
- 48 Hour Solo Bushcraft Camp
- 3 Day, Bushcraft and Fishing in the Backcountry.
- Chopping down a Cherry Tree with my Wetterlings hatchet
- Summer Canoe Camp
- My Bushcraft Axe
- Bushcraft Knife Skills, Unknown Visitor at Camp, 250k Sub Giveaway
- Simple Knife and Axe Sharpening/ Falkniven DC4 Giveaway
- Winter Camping in Michigan.
- Field Sharpening Outdoor Tools
- Father Daughter Bushcraft
- A Great Fall Day
- The Fire Chain.
- Skills challenge:1 stick fire w/ axe Pt.2
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 2 - BUZZING, BULLFROGS AND DRAGONFLIES
- Food for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario.
- I'm Back - Steak in the Woods, New Gear, Updates and More.
- Solo Winter Bushcraft Camp-Natural Shelter-Pulk Overnighter
- Back in the Woods!
- A Lazy Day in the Autumn Woods
- Improvised steel striker
- Bushcraft Basecamp - Building a Raised Bed, Tying a Ridgepole, Outdoor Cooking E1
- 3 Easy Knots for Bushcraft, Camping, Survival.
- Budget Knives. E2 My EDC Folder.
- Battle Horse Knives-Woodsman Pro. First Look and a Splitwood Fire.
- New Backpack, and My Backpacking Gear
- In the woods after work
- Machete for Bushcraft.
- Bushcraft Instructionals; A Comprehensive Guide to the Bowdrill
- Solo Overnight Camp: Bucksaw, Bowdrill, Bushcraft, New Adventure Sworn
- Wet Wood, Knee High Flames, Knife Only.
- DIRT TIME (Collection of Camping Photos)
- Giant puffball mushroom find!
- 2017 Gone, 500k Here!
- Backpacking West Virginia: Dolly Sods, Nikon D5500, Go Pro 4 Silver
- The Bushcraft Campout: Series Intro.
- Preparing for a 4 day coastal backpacking trip
- Hammock Camping
- Preparing and Gear for a 9 day, Fly In Canoe Trip in the Boreal Wilderness.
- Take your Friends and go to the Woods! A Bushcraft Overnight.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Is a Tomahawk a Viable Wood Processing Tool?
- Summer Skills Challenge, 1 Stick Fire, No Knife
- Not what we Planned for!
- Fireside Chat; JoeRobinetBushcraft 2016
- Saws for the Outdoors, Bushcraft, Camping, Monkeying Around.
- Backpacking the North Country/Manistee River Trail Loop
- An Outdoors Lunch Tip., Quick, Easy Lighweight. Bushcraft, Camping, Hunting, Backpacking.
- Winter Camping using an Olight S2 Baton and Giving it Away.
- Best Bushcraft Pack? The Hidden Woodsmen Day Ruck!
- Camping Gear for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario
- Maxpedition Xantha Overnight Gear Loadout and First Impressions
- Two Canoes, One River - A Temagami Journey, Pt2.
- Catching and Cooking Catfish
- Looking at Olight's i3e and i3s and Giveaway
- Camping with the Family
- Crossing Ontario's Oldest Park- A Paddle and Portage Adventure!
- Solo Overnight Tarp Camp, Wool Blanket, Solitude.
- Fire by Bowdrill, Fried Eggs in the Woods, Growing up without a Father.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With Scout 2 Cooking Food, Tarp Camping, Breaking Down Camp.
- Overnight Bushcraft Gear and Camp Plans
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With My Dog Pt1 Tripod for Boiling Water Scout's Birthday, Pit Cooking.
- Sleeping Outside in The Cold With Dollar Store Items-10$ Woods Survival Challenge (24 Hours) Part 2
- Dollar Store Supershelter Overnight With My Dog-10$ Woods Survival Challenge (24 Hours)
- Solo Bushcraft Camp. Natural Shelter, Wool Blanket, Raised Bed, Long Fire.
- Camping With A Subscriber in a Canvas Tent with a Woodstove.
- Man Builds off Grid Cabin Alone in the Forest with Hand Tools.
- 2 Nights Wild Camping In Rugged Terrain, Fish Fry, Tarp Setups, Axe Work.
- 16 Gift Ideas For The Outdoor Lover, Christmas Ideas Camping, Bushcraft
- Crazy Korean Chopper!
- 2 Night Winter Bushcraft Camp, Building a Shelter With a Wooden Roof, Walls and Bed.
- HD Bushcraft Video-Building a Large Semi-Permanent Shelter, Outdoor Cooking
- Solo Overnight in a Snow Storm. Winter Camping With Subscriber Gear.
- Spending the Day Passing Outdoor Skills on to Youth
- What my Wife Really thinks of Me - Bam Son T Shirts Available!
- Big News and Unboxing Camping Stuff
- New Land New Bushcraft Gear, Bam Son!
- OFF GRID LOG CABIN Overnight!- Bear Ribs, Cold Temps, Firewood.. My Self Reliance Log Cabin Life
- Overnight Winter Ice Fishing Camp in a Hot Tent with a Woodstove on the night of the Supermoon
- SOLO WINTER SURVIVAL! Minimal Gear Overnight in a HUGE Snow Storm! 24 Hours in the Wilderness
- Minimal Gear for a Winter Survival Overnight-Load-Out and Survival Exercise Plans
- Unboxing Camping Gear with my Wife - $300 Titanium Canteen and Gear Giveaway.
- I'm sick of this
- Bushcraft Gear For a Winter Overnight Camp With my Dog
- POV White Water Kayaking Raw Footage (Humbling Experience)
- Answering your Instagram Questions - Why Am I so Butthurt?
- 24h Walmart Camping/Survival Challenge $500 Spent on Walmart Camping Gear, Camping with my Dog
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With My Dog-Rock Cooking Bacon, Making a Bush Chair.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with Scout 3. Steak Fried on a Rock, Fireside Chats, Tearing Down Camp.
- Overnight Winter Bushcraft Camp with a Dog under a White Tarp.
- I Spent $500 on Walmart Camping Gear.. and this it what i'm going to do with it.
- This is a Wednesday Video.
- 2 Night Bushcraft Camp-Building and Sleeping in a Completely Natural Shelter
- Overnight Canoe Camp in Strong Winds, Catfish, Gear, and Good Food.
- What Would you Choose to Survive -10 Items?
- New Baby Gender Reveal, Meet my LARGE family!
- Catching MONSTER Lake Trout and Fly Fishing Grayling - Great Slave Lake-Frontier Fishing Lodge
- High Speed Low Drag Endurance Overnighter Solo Long Distance Trip!
- I Went Camping with a Strange Old Man...
- Exhaustion in the Wild Ep 5 - 10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness
- Left Alone to Survive on an Island in the NorthWest Territories (Remote Canada)
- Solo Bushcraft Overnight in my Semi Permanent Bush Shelter, Fire Inside, Building the Front Wall.
- I Spent my 34th Birthday Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Last Ep 10 Days 10 Items
- Full List of Filming, Camping, Survival Gear for 10 Days, 10 Items, Alone on an Island in the Wild
- Improving Camp and Catching Fish Ep 4 10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on Island in the Canadian Wilderness
- Joe Robinet Update Video/Crownland Camping During Ontario's Fire Ban.
- 10 Days, 10 Items ; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Mini Series.
- I'M DONE WITH CAMPING.
- Doug and I Annoying Each Other for an Hour Straight :) Episode 2
- Finding the Rhythm -10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness Ep. 3
- Show Me Your STEAK!
- EPIC 4 DAY WILDERNESS CAMP e2 STRANDED! Wind Bound on an Island.
- Deciding on Gear for a 4 Day Wilderness Camping Trip.
- I BOUGHT MY DREAM HOME AT AGE 34
- 4 DAY WILDERNESS CAMP e1 The Storm.
- Bushcraft Camp DESTROYED!
- Overnight Camp at the Hidden Waterfall
- LAST OVERNIGHT AT THE BUSHCRAFT CAMP-Saying Goodbye, Wool Blanket, Vintage Tool.
- Winter Camping With my Dog out of a TRUCK!
- SOLO BUSHCRAFT CAMP 4 Items Only -Natural Shelter- Wild Game Over the Fire
- "THE HUT" E1- Locating a Camp Spot-Hauling Logs-Bacon on a Rock.
- CELEBRATING 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS at the MY SELF RELIANCE LOG CABIN!
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - WAKING UP IN THE SNOW!
- 1 Million Subscriber Special!!!
- Late Stage Lymphoma.
- in respone to pewdiepie $60 VS $135 WHISKEY (SCOTCH)
- 2 Days ATVing and Winter Camping in a Canvas Tent with a Woodstove!
- Workin at the Homestead- Scout Update-Stacking Firewood.