Solo Overnight Tarp Camp, Wool Blanket, Solitude.
Join me on a relaxing campout on an isolated lake.
I find a spot to camp, set up a tarp shelter, cook good food, and enjoy myself in nature
Check out this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6H-mHpF09g&t=28s
joerobinet.com for merch
Music by Dave Mitchell https://www.facebook.com/myoutdooradventures.ca/
Tags: Bushcraft,Survival,Backpacking,Canoe,Dog Training,Axe,Ontario,Canada,Fire,Bowdrill,HD,Nikon,Gopro,camping,familyfriendly,steak,minecraft,outdoors,fall,autumn
hey guys thanks for clicking on the video I'm all by myself I'm sweaty I'm up north almost seven hours north of where I live I drove all day yesterday and I paddled all day and Porto's all day to get into this remote lake where I am now nobody's here there's not gonna be anybody here I want a stationary camp here I've got with me a small backpack this is my hidden woodsman d-roc I've got a boys axe with me we've got a wool blanket so what I'm gonna do look around a little bit more I'm in the general area where I wanted to I wanna be I think I see a spot up here where I can set up a tarp shelter set up a pretty comfortable tarp shelter stay there
I got a steak to cook tonight I also have my fishing rod down in my boat I can try my hand at some fishing but yeah let's get a move on we're going to find a suitable spot to camp chop down some trees get some firewood just yeah I have a good relaxing time bushcraft style
and I need to find a couple rich bowls for my shelter one short one one long one so got a head off into the woods here look for a relatively straight piece of wood relatively not free and not pokey think one right here but this does also look like a really good piece of firewood I don't know if I want to use it on my Ridge Pole or for firewood let's check it out you know that's prime firewood I'm not going to chop that down for my Ridge Pole but I'm definitely gonna chop it down for firewood so I guess chop is the wrong word I went to use my saw let's go on soon it's hollow in the middle here timber all right I'm gonna cut it here just to get a little bit extra length I'm not cutting it okay so I think this is gonna be quite long enough I may even be able to take some off but there's no point in that so if I tie my Ridge pole at a boat chest height going this way this rests on there while you tarp is draped over top of it and I have a good amount of area on either side and I'll shimmy in that way I wanted to do an Adirondack shelter that's what I had planned on doing like a full open side but the way that the landscape is here it's hard to find two trees
facing the water or even not this way these two trees are where they need to be but they're way too close together I can't I literally can't find another tree two trees the right distance apart without the ground just being like this and in between that's how it is you know what I'm out here I didn't have time to like scout the location or anything like that just is how it is it's 240 now I'm stuck with this spot I'm banking on this spot so I'm cool with it I'm fine with it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do but obviously things change so this will work fine I'm gonna have my fire over on the rock behind you guys it's just completely exposed rock the water so maybe 30 feet from me here it's totally fine yeah I'll be happy with it once it's done I'm getting hungry want to cook up that steak soon another couple hours so what I've done already is tied a knot at the end of my paracord now I want to tie a second knot a loose one right below it and don't don't tighten it now I want to make sure my Ridge pole is supported by the paracord like so underneath it I'm going to go up and through that loose knot until it tensions down okay we'll leave that just like that I can deal with that in a minute tighten it loosen it move it up and down whatever but I want to get the other side secured first so again it's high overhand knot at the end leave a little tail you know tie a second overhand knot right below that and leave it loose okay this is already wrapped around the tree take the running end these piece of paracord is a lot bigger a lot longer I stick it through the loose loop it's not oh it's all tangled up oh my gosh alright that see super tight and now for this one I can actually wrap it around again just do some wraps because this piece of paracord is much longer but it's not necessary definitely
okay now because this one's shorter and I can't wrap it around anymore I'm just gonna tie it off so there's no chance of that not slipping okay this works fine I'm gonna put this ridge pole up on here alright oh no the tarp no to tarp it okay so I do have a lot of rope attached to my tripod sorry my try it to my tripod to my tarp already so I'm just going to loosely put it up here this got a rough fit for it there's not where I want it to go but I want to just straighten her out make sure I know where everything is so that's good drink up like that more on the back side we're on the back side there oh yeah buddy okay rough outline all right so this is what I did on the other side I want to try it on this side I think it'll work wrapped it around the tree took the running on looped it on this tab as well let me pull everything tight around the tree if it'll reach Thanks just tie it off to itself okay that's good I got the front top of it rather just hoop done the cut piece of this wood let's find something to cut it or anything I've obviously got way more to do on it by pegging it down but I have cover from I don't have a sleeping pad with me because I just brought that small small backpack and in order to fit everything I needed and all the food and everything no sleeping bag sorry no sleeping pad but I do have that reflectix this ground has a lot of pine needles on it and stuff and that will black it's gonna be super warm but it's not gonna get too cold tonight I'm actually thinking about going to jump in the lake I'm pretty warm yeah finish this up anyway this is the back middle tab here peg though a couple decides just with big sticks just stuck them right through the tabs just running this piece of paracord through attaching it now when I tie it down here just to the Longridge pull itself any kind of fancy knots or anything on this one
that's gonna keep the back nice and taut so this is the bottom corner I think I'm gonna do is just tuck it right in tuck it right in grab the tab go grab tab and pull it taut like that just stick a stick right in there for now I'll get a proper stake after see how that looks and to me that is taking shape pretty well Perdue pretty well what's up from but da it's not a movie it's a TV show but D only some will get this is my view pretty nice [Music]
this isn't so bad plenty of room put my backpack in here too at night pretty cool oh yeah I'm gonna call this done I set up my bed in here with my my wool blanket I guess that's it cuz I'm gonna be using my reflectix as a chair out there but even in heavy wind or rain I'd be super comfortable in this I believe there are nice cool so I said to myself Joe let's go get the wool blanket over the backpack we'll do the cool shot where you unclip the wool blanket from the bottom and do a close-up of that and it'll look cool and bring it over to the shelter and put it in but I forgot I shot a complete gear video already in a separate video and that's my gear now so it's not where it was it's not connected to the backpack if you do want to see that gear video I'll put the link top corner in either side there so other than getting the cool shot with the wool blanket I wanted to show you that like my reflectix was rolled up inside my wool blanket on the bottom of my backpack as well as my saw was there you go like I said I've got to use my reflective eyes I see a chair out there but I just want to put it down you know it's all like pulled the big ones out but I just want to lay down where I'm going to lay down and try and smush it down a little bit give a little smashing oh I could even afford to come out this way a bit guys are gonna quite a bit of coverage there oh yeah yeah that's fine I can't feel any of that stuff through the reflectix there's one's gonna tickle tickle my face in the middle of the night can't have that all right well I need to get some water into me on this trip I'm boiling water so I need to make a little bit of a fire going I don't have a twig stove or anything like that I got to get a small fire going boil up some water will I cut up my firewood for tonight and do the rest of the camp chores so I think right now I want to make a fire pit because I have to make one anyway just a small one that's on top of the rock here and yeah weld that water this one's a score super heavy don't want too close or too far away so like this basically it could be that really three rocks total these two on the side oh yeah then I'm gonna get two smaller rocks to put inside on either side so I can use my girl my girl my girl isn't as long as the rock width apart that is 90% done pretty happy with that I don't need anything big again when I was coming up here I had you know running things through my head that what I want to do how I want to just plans I want to I want to camp and I had the idea of doing the Adirondacks shelter like I told you with the fire in front though and again here it's not gonna work it's just too much Duff and pine needles and stuff like that before the fire and the front thing
but it's not gonna be that cold I don't need the fire for warmth look I've been saying so everything's good and sitting out here I'm not gonna need my reflectix as my chair because I got my trusty blue foam pad just sit that on this this rock chair that I have and call it good I need some water into me my head started to pound I did it on purpose I just I didn't want to bring a twig stove I didn't want to bring like you know like water filter or anything like that just trying to be more bushcraft he trying to be less gear and more traditional ways I guess so the wool blanket and then the boiling with the water but I know it doesn't matter at all i'm using freaking titanium and a tarp above my head with the wool blanket too so take it for what it is but as I always say I like to mix it and I like the the melding of the old and the new so this is what I'm doing water water water water in my life that's what I need right now agua scramble those back I saw a little video for mr. scramble those nice to see him haven't seen him in a while that was not a medium steak though buddy that was as rare as where it can be sir sorry to tell you alright a little fire and water water so I just quickly grabbed some of the some of the pine twigs that I had to chop off of my trees over there it's got the pine twigs there you've got some shavings there and some bigger pieces right there
a little pine twigs right on the rock here too so not too worried about putting a platform definitely not worried about causing any kind of damage so what the best situation can ask for I'm really thirsty so get that in there just said this on the gear video but these are now back in stock on my website which is Joe Robinette calm lots and lots of people are asking for these guys that's sketchy I gotta get a new rock this one's not gonna work
I'll say break this corner off of it maybe this way maybe that way how it's using the old noggin Joe not really either damn side precarious considering I want to have a drink of water and that's gonna stay off for some time I figured I'll make a tea out of it I'll pour it out of the hot container it's in put it in this cold titanium cup and it should cool down quicker and I can just have a tea that way too so my shemagh here to handle the hot titanium and then I still have almost half in here this is gonna sit here and cool as quick as it can and the meantime like I said I'm gonna drink drink up my Tim Hortons honey lemon tea cheers guys mmm lovely it tastes really good
that's something else that might taste pretty good to check it a subscriber mail time it's straight polish not a word of English on it except for this oh Clark which the subscriber wrote on it I assume and I think I might have even read that these are infused of vodkas okay okay look it says vodka vodka you drink your vodka legit polish vodka let me grab the the note out of my little satchel satchel here see I got two things for two different notes from people still gonna make sure this is the right one oh what's the right one I won't read the whole thing it's a very very nice letter typed up gentlemen 35 lives in Poland did like the videos with Emeril disco they have a wife he has a wife and a son and then they have two big dogs Rhodesian Ridgeback in a husky mix so they sent a ton of stuff I actually brought some chocolate yesterday or brought some chocolate with me but I ate it yesterday on the way up here it was so good it was like it was polish it was from him it was like imagine a KitKat but with way more good taste in chocolaty goodness for little bottles of Polish flavored vodka okay so it doesn't say anything about how how it is infused or anything but I believe it's infused with whatever he wrote on there so thank you Jarek I appreciate it thank you very much your English is fine this is his first letter written in English excluding school oh I feel so fancy feel feel important thank you Jarek very cool of you for all of the gifts I like them all so let's try this this is oak bark vodka like I said look at the seals on there and everything still oh my goodness it smells sweet it smells very good alright Cheers
oh my goodness that's like nothing I've ever tasted before it's a very very sweet syrupy almost so I wonder if I can find a percentage Zuber aqua cora Daboo original original loca loca slowed Corsa which God we smack this is dog team extra to this quarry debut 200 mils oh here we go 32.5% bug 32.5% percent liquor that's not bad I think that says 32 3 Z 5 it looks like anyways very cool man 37.5 that's what it is 37.5 bug oklahoma so that's decent pretty cool man thank you very much I appreciate it and actually I also have a little fudge milky cream fudge that he sent as well so we'll try that out we'll try that out after supper have another note from someone I threw a bunch of wood on that fire I want to Stoke it up now and cook my steak it's almost five o'clock I'm getting very hungry so here we go hey Joe thanks for the inspiring videos I thought I'd shoot you a care package to help you make more Roary be Thank You Rory I appreciate it let's see what Rory packed me for this trip would you pack me for this trip Rory
what was it what was it I forget Rory's present at home oh my gosh I did I'm sorry Rory sorry Rory okay next time except for all Rory my bad it's Oh quark how can you not you know it's oh Clark you see that oak bark infused vodka it's hard to place man the cinnamony anyways it's good thank you again Jarek I'm gonna sit here let these coals actually I'll throw more hardwood on I cut up some of that big what I got I'll get some good coals and cook up my mistake I have a rib a ribeye steak Tripoli or higher it's a 717 dollar state $15 steak $15 steak no $20 steak oh man this is pretty cool this is a different kind of trip for me I whenever I can do normally I'm busting my hump and going from place to place and stuff and not really doing stationary camping but I literally do have this whole lake to myself I'm Way back in here nobody comes back in here I have hopes of catching bass tonight after I eat go to my canoeing I'll try anyway
regardless if I catch any that last trip with Doug I caught a lot of trout and I was super happy on that and it kind of fulfilled my fishing desires but if I can catch a few bass out of here I'll be happy I'll cook some up actually if I can if I can catch some yeah I like this camp this is a very cool spot lots of exposed rock very small lake lots of white pine and alone I feel very remote
I thought the leaves were gonna be changed a lot more than they were than they are but we had a crazy crazy like Indian summer man it got so hot it's hot right now it's really really warm right now the only reason I'm not swimming is because this location I have right here that the water right off my my Shore is this mucky and it's shallow and and stuff across the lake it's better but I know I'm alright they don't cool down tonight I'm sure quite a bit yeah I like this I like this they say that I like this I have a piece of hair in my eyeball [Laughter]
yep I'm a dummy this is what Rory got me this and a bunch of other stuff sent me a care package or the ton of stuff in it there's a Gorp bar good old raisins and peanuts is what Gorp stands for word traditionally this one is a cocoa hemp an almond there's there was three different ones that he sent in a three different three different flavors flavors is a good word to use that came in the in the box as well as other things too so thank you again Rory big time this is energy bar and I almost needed it today but I want to say that let's save it and we need it but yeah cocoa hemp at home and it sounds exactly like what I would like super big on chocolate and nuts so thank you very much Rory thank you very much Jarek this concludes my subscriber mail section of this video oh that got me a little little little tipsy a little buzzed I can't drink anymore I'll drink the rest or some of some more of it tonight that was to two sips but again that was the bottleneck up there so I got the remainders 200 mils so a can of coke would be 355 mils can a pop for reference I do have a beer too I'm gonna drink my beer with my steak I think I've got it sitting in the lake right now no beer where no beer we were this time just sitting right in the lake all willy-nilly all right that players just about ready so I throw my stakes place on my munch on my stake right now she's bleeding she's bleeding throw it on there right now so that and a couple minutes oh yeah just a little bit right just a little stakes place on that piece what what knee goes mama told me put off stakes place like white that is looking good now I'm going to ready the fire pit for my grill I'll try and be smart about it this time whoo these rocks are still toasty Wow try to be smart about this time and put the flat on the top touch more precarious and I don't want to lose my steak all right I won't lose it at all
I can eat it right over the coals if I have to but well like I haven't cooked my steak on the coals before you know whoa okay
that's somewhat safer one two - oh yeah she's ready to go all right there we go no sizzle I didn't let the grill get hot yet
well as you can probably tell I have had to switch things around a little bit drop it down lower it but she's just about done now so I'm gonna let it rest for five minutes this my heavy cover spork was super good inside my like girl I can maneuver it like nobody's business that goes there and while that is settling I'm gonna split down a big piece of this oak and make a plate for myself
fancy there's ants in my plate ants in my plate bro can't have that oh these ants I guess sorry guys so I guess I'll use this one to clean it up a little bit get LD ant it not I guess why I say I guess yes 100% eat up this one throw this one the fire so you see how there's all these cavities in that piece of wood I'm gonna split that part off make like a shingle looking thing take that part off and then I'll have the rest it should be a good plate okay that's better basically use that part I can try to chip away this stuff not really that big deal I'm not too concerned about it anyway as long as no ants come out and start eating my steak I'm good with this all right guys
she's all done I am excited very excited for this Oh buddy she's sure cooked this is more like medium that frickin scramble those state well ma'am and I say that because this isn't medium at all this is medium well very good no joke oh I'm really really enjoying that [Music]
all right today's beer 4.9% nothing strong this is an unfiltered IPA or APA by Nicola Brooke it's called naughty neighbor it is an APA a full-bodied American pale ale award-winning APA pays homage to our knotty neighbors to the South American pale ale has something for everyone
for hop lover something for everyone for hop lovers the huge citrus and pine aroma is greet the nose continue on the palate leaving remarkably easy drinking crisp dry finish reading that's all wrong a remarkably easy drinking crisp dry finish we packed this flavor into a brew that has 4.9 ABV which gives a hugely seasoned sessional beer there's perfectly refreshing drink fresh do not age so this is a Canadian company and that's what they meant about the Nate neighbors to the south being American cheers guys
that's so good it's not very cold that's alright though it's alright with me so that is from nickel Brooke Nicole Brooke is in Burlington I believe I'll check in a minute here but they're really good probably my second or third favorite brewery other than Great Lakes sawdust city and then probably nickel Brook Berlin come see this is my last piece it's been very good mmm super flavorful where do you guys wipe your knife at after you're done eating my pants well then I think bears Joe why are you doing that what then I think screw those bears I need to whip my knife off you know firstworldproblems ma'am all right six o'clock now there's opera if Doug's not here to tell me to stop talking with mouth full so my Spears almost done Thomas take a dark at this time of year 833 o'clock
I'm gonna clean up do my dishes get on the water
what video is that a throwback to well time to do my dishes and then I throw my wood on the fire real fans will know real subscribers will know what video that is from blue foam pad coming through in the clutch so I want my fire to stay going while I'm out there and I'll be out there for probably a couple hours don't want to cut up some wood throw that on there before I go over that way even if it's all burned down I'll have some decent coals just throw some wood on top of when I come back so she wrote I was a really good beer really really good beer oh my goodness an aunt has come to take its revenge for killing us host I'm sorry bud sorry bud and the fire you go alright I grab this old stump threw it on there that'll be good to go til I get back I gotta grab my headlamp double cone pieces of gear get going the Possible's pouch where I keep everything at my headlamp bring this with me just in case
just paddling into this even smaller lake it's like a little tributary or like the side shoot-off Lake of the lake I'm on maybe a quarter of the size of the lake that I was on maybe this is an area to camp okay there's all these lily pads up here I want to try and cast right into that right in front of that actually I'm running up this side that's not good bring up the flagpole and see who looks but no one ever does not say well you know flagpole Sitta harvey danger all right now we wrote into the actual lake is that rock basically gather some pine twigs real quick to throw on then I will put up some actual fuel wood up that log still things lasting quite a long time right that fire is going real good now nice and warm getting some good light off of it too it's time for another sip of water Cheers
keep hearing an owl behind me there he goes right there hope they picked it up and also a beaver he slapped his tail in the water a few times since I've been back I've been back for probably an hour now after I put that wood in the fire just kind of sat here kept out in wood it's uh it's 8:20 now but no fish still I haven't heard any fish slap or Jim onslaught but jump over the water looking for bugs or anything like that I would have heard him haven't seen them so it's really strange it's very strange they should be here and they were here like 10 years ago I don't know what happened but yeah it's a nice night man can you hear it's not doing the hooks for you thing it's just one that was rakul there he goes go fix it up I bought a new microphone for my new camera I didn't like the way my other one sounded I don't know if I used it too much or whatever but it always sounded muffled to me so I got the I had the video mic Pro now I have the the videomic go which is a cheaper of the two but it runs this one doesn't run on its own battery it runs off the camera battery as well so we'll see hopefully this this is better this volume is better on this video I got some ruddy crisp bacon should I want to eat a piece now I want to eat a piece already crisp bacon right now so it's like pre-cooked bacon I was saying in my other video how I needed a suggestion on what what else I could do for breakfasts so this stuff you're just supposed to heat a little bit leave it for a few seconds and then I want to put it inside my oh so I have this and oatmeal as well and you throw the bacon inside you have a little little bonus bits yeah I think I'm just gonna throw it on my grill for seconds here
that's done all right what she's hot oh my goodness taste club but on the chilly side but very good that's gonna work out fine put that right in the oatmeal break it up old nuggets of goodness old bacon nuggets yep
that'll do but in reality I can't still can't use those for like hot weather stuff you're supposed to keep those refrigerated and today was as hot as I'd like to keep them out of the refrigerator or fridge as I normally would say refrigerator Geiger counter xylophone why am i what is this I always sleep with my axe next to you when I'm over here people feel good you
good morning at a decent night's sleep it's almost seven o'clock now so woke up at about 5:00 and tossed and turn for the past couple hours but that's not so bad pretty hungry enough to make some oatmeal oatmeal with bacon nice actually switching it up for a bit the wind kicked up a little bit last night well tied my boot down but she's died down a bit now - all right let me get up this morning I don't really feel like making shavings till I get my first one and I can't find birchbark for the life of me so I've got my little Possible's pouch here and inside it one of the many goodies I have this is single the fat rope stick I'm sure some of you guys have seen this before so a dude goes by the handle of production hanger 51 on Instagram was nice enough to send me a bunch of a box full of fire starters and stuff probably enough to last me a whole lifetime I've never used its fat rope stick but I think I've seen people on Instagram using it I'm just gonna cut off a piece here about the small little round and it should strike firesteel should strike it very easily and it should go up pretty easily from what I know so I just fluffed the piece up here maybe I'll do two pieces at first and then to actually test it I'm not gonna put on pine twigs cuz that'll go up no problem I'll put on something like this thick where it's like this thick as my thicker than my thumb really will see throw a spark into this there we go got all these piece that I cut off here plane
No looks like it's going that's pretty cool something handy to keeping the kid anyway any guys who watch me regularly know I normally don't use fire starters but it's not to have anything against it normally there's just stuff around to make fire with easily and there still is I could still make shavings and stuff but in the morning you don't always feel like doing that right be good for my twig stuff too actually
all right my faking my faking is done faking
I should have ripped pieces up a little bit better Cheers I like to leave some cord attached to my tarp that way I always know [Music]
I love these straps long enough to actually do something unlike an expedition which I've had plenty of Maxpedition bags in the past and these can actually get these straps are wider I have them cinch down right here there's a bunch more roll on there but that's how tight they were on the way in there's no reason I shouldn't get that so this is why you leave this little tab on here in pretty windy out here man all right guys all packed up ready to get on out of here I had a pretty good time yeah I like this spot I like this type of camping I wish there was some fish here I plan on doing something very similar to this in the near future but for a longer duration three nights something like that I can only really get away from yesterday yesterday on the night so I got a long drive ahead of me to get home I got a long paddle out of here today too so I got to get going but I hope you enjoyed the video I thank you for watching I'll see you soon as always
About the Author
Joe is a very talented bushcrafter. He has a "straight" approach to bushcraft life-style. His videos reach a very high quality, both for the shootings and for the content. He took part on the History Channel show "Alone"
You can find all his videos on his YouTube channel.
More articles from this author
- Hrdwdsmn Skills:Shavings/Knee High Flames
- The Missus making a flint & steel fire
- The Bushcraft Campout: Multicam Poncho Tarp Shelter on Raised Bed.
- Hardwoods Challenges Pt. 2
- Bushcraft Gear Giveaway - The Hidden Woodsmen
- Day Hike with Doug and Mike. JoeRobinetBushcraft.
- challenge 2
- Fire at night
- Camping in the Woods
- Canoe Tripping; 8 Days in the Wild. Part1-The Easy Days.
- HD Bushcraft Video; Tarp Shelter, Lunch, Fire, Wood Collection and a new Bushcraft Knife
- 3 Day Winter Camping Trip in a Hot Tent with my Dog
- Splitwood Fire in the Rain;Camillus Carnivore
- Fire in the rain
- Weekend camp Pinery Park
- Dougs Property and Joes Bush
- Land Nav
- Awesome Tarp Shelter; Bushcraft Survival Camping
- Off Grid : Man and Dog Live in Canvas Tent
- HD Bushcraft Video - Outdoor Cooking, Knife Use, Wood Processing, Tree ID.
- Get to know Joe. e1
- Sunny Day out
- Basic dog obedience
- Natural Tinders in Winter
- Woods Time
- Hangin in the Woods: HD Bushcraft/Outdoor Video.
- How to Set up a Group Tarp Shelter
- Thrunite Ti5 Specs and Giveaway.
- My Bushcraft EDC.
- Sassafrass and Ash Bowdrill set
- Knee high flames in 30 seconds
- Fall Camp 2011
- Bush Chair
- 48h Camp and Build Large Permanent Super Shelter on Newly Acquired Property
- Mike and Joe's Most Excellent Adventure
- FAMILY DAY TRIP
- Day Out. New Hammock, Talking History's Alone, and a Fire
- Firelay Overnighter
- Hoosier National Forest.
- Adventure Sworn and Battoning
- JoeRobinetBushcraft Official Channel Trailer 2015
- The 10 Items I brought with me on ALONE...and why.
- New Backpack and Gear Loadout for a Spring Overnight Camp
- Green Wood Splitwood Fire
- Bluegill Underwater in HD.
- 88 Tactical Entry Vid
- I found a "shut" in the woods!
- Playin with Scout.
- Get To Know Joe E3. Finding Enjoyment in the City
- Camping with a Kid.
- Bushcraft Vault Pt.2: May 2013 Canoe Trip Algonquin Park
- Natural Insulation Bed/Wool Blanket Overnight
- Backpacking Algonquin's Highland Trail.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp
- new JLT bushcrafter
- Preparing for a Two Night Backpacking Trip.
- My Outdoor Knives-Bushcraft, Backpacking, Canoe Tripping
- Backcountry Lake Superior Canoe Camp Part 1
- Winter Overnight Bushcraft Gear
- How to use a Firesteel Correctly.
- HWII Land Nav.
- Bushcraft in the Winter
- Bushcraft Instructionals: Shemagh and Tomahawk Outing
- How to Cook Bacon and Eggs Outdoors with no Metal Cooking Implements
- HD Bushcraft Video; Axe, Saw, Cook, Enjoy the Day.
- Preparing for an 8 Day Canoe Trip
- Bowdrill in the hardwoods
- Hardwoodsman Skills
- Axe, Bacon and Eggs.
- HD Winter Bushcraft Video. Fire, Cooking Tacos, New Gear.
- Turley Dogwood Woodsman's Knife
- SnowTrekker Hot Tent, Woodstove and Winter Camping Plans
- Golite Shangri-La 3
- My Fishing Gear for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario
- How to be Comfortable in the Woods.
- Something a little different...but not much haha
- Snowy Hike in -30c
- 6 Day canoe Trip in Killarney Provincial Park
- Basic Pincher Collar Obedience and Understanding (Dog Training)
- My Les Stroud(Survivorman) Story: Get to Know Joe. e2
- Ruining Wild Places.
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 3 - "BLACKFLIES FOR MOSQUITOES"
- Trip to Doug's Property.
- Point Pelee Family Trip
- Solo Winter Overnight Bushcraft Camp
- Fjallraven Outdoor Clothes and Gear. Keb, Vidda Pro Trousers, Friluft 55.
- My New Logo Explained. JoeRobinetBushcraft
- Roadtrip and Camping with the Girls
- Turley Boones Branch neck knife
- New Adventure Sworn Knife, Bacon, Eggs & Toast.
- Friction Fire Tuesday
- Squirrel lunch.
- 3 Night Winter Bushcraft Camp.
- Bushcraft, Camping Gear: Overnight Pulk Loadout.
- Canoe Day Trip: Fishing, Steak, Fun.
- A Blizzard in the Forest - Hot Tea in the Woods on a Cold Day.
- Bowdrill in a Blizzard?
- Wild Leek Lunch
- 20" Wett Splitwood Fire
- Bushclass lessons
- Camping Gear Giveaway
- 6 Days Backpacking the Western Uplands Trail
- Gear for a 2 Night Bushcraft Camp in the Snow
- Expensive GoPro vs Cheap Action Camera
- Get to Know Joe E4-The One About Scout
- Cicada Fun!!!
- Last years failed solo overnight.
- A day in the bush
- Improvised Bowsaw.
- 5 Day Winter Snowshoe Bushcraft Camp
- 24 Hour Wild Camp out of a Maxpedition Xantha.
- How to Give a Dog Medicine.
- I Got a New Tattoo
- Fireside Chat-Solo Winter Camp.
- Some of My Bushcraft Gear
- Winter Camping in Northern Michigan.
- How to dehydrate your own food for Backpacking
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - Tomahawk Steak over the Fire, Frost River Pack, Bugs!
- A Christmas Stocking Stuffer Idea.
- ThruNite TH10 Giveaway
- Bowdrill:Sassafras Bark Hearth
- ThruNite TH10 Vs Fenix HL50
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 1 - MOOSE
- Making the Best out of a Bad Situation.
- Saturday Morning Bushcraft Hike in the Prairie with Scout.
- Becker BK2 Contest Vid
- All my Heros
- IA Woodsman axe practice Response
- Midwest School of Bushcraft Ohio Class
- Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 Backpacking Tent
- Camping Gear: Sleeping Pads and Tarps
- Spring Bushcraft Camp
- Full Rundown on My Fall Camping/Bushcraft Gear.
- ALONE.. Yup I Tapped, and Why.
- Bowdrill fire from start to finish
- The Axe is Back; Wintertime Edition.
- Chillin In My Hammock-Day out with Scout
- Solo Bushcraft Camp. 2 Nights in the Snow - Natural Shelter, Minimal Gear.
- My Transportation to the Wild : Swift Packboat Adirondack 13.6
- Canadian Winter Camping...
- 5 splitwood fires
- Man in the Creek Drill
- A lunch in my old woods.
- Lunch in the woods.
- Bushcraft Shelters-Sleeping in a Snow Trench.
- Budget Knives. E1
- The Bushcraft Campout: Cooking Salmon, Bushcraft Style
- Solo Overnight Hammock Camp in a Thunderstorm P1. Calm Before the Storm
- Bowdrill fire using my Turley Gasconade
- Axe work and trying to Edit
- Tagged, make an eating utensil.
- 4 Day Winter Camp Pt.1
- Bushcraft Backpacking - New Pack and Gear Loadout
- Lightweight Backpacking Gear for a 5 Day Trip
- A Knife for my Wife
- Splitwood Fire with a Gransfors Bruks Outdoor Axe.
- J Leather customer service.
- Shelter Ideas
- Some uses for the Sassafrass Tree
- Natural Tinders in a Hardwood Forest: Bushcraft, Survival, Woods Knowledge.
- Bushcraft Overnight, Wool Blanket, Natural Shelter, Long Fire.
- Camping out of a Backpack.
- The Hidden Woodsmen Haversack Giveaway - Winner Announced..2 Winners!
- My Bush Buddy
- Channel Update and a bit about Myself.
- A Winter Hike with new Friends.
- Turley Knife/Council Tools Splitwood Fire
- Overnight Winter Camping Trip
- 4 Day Canoe, Fish, Swim Camp.
- Family Canoe Camping - Algonquin Park.
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Bowdrill
- Primitive fishing gouge.
- Bushcraft Trees: Eastern White Pine
- History Channel Alone: New Survival Show I am on!
- Family Camping Trip. Spring '15
- Solo Bushcraft Backpacking Camp.
- In the Woods with Scout, Shelter, Bushcraft, Lunch
- Small Axe Work/Boiling Water On A Wood Grill
- Using a snow anchor.
- Bushclass Tarp Set-up
- Mike and Joe's Excellent Adventure
- Cool Weather Clothes for Bushcraft, Camping, Outdoor Pursuits.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Fireside Chat. ALONE, Shoutouts, and Future Trips.
- 8 Days in the Wild - Boreal Forest, Fly - in Adventure!
- Turley Green River
- Bushcraft; Tarp and Bowdrill
- Bushcraft Basecamp E2 - Building the Lean To, Bucksaw Use, Outdoor Cooking.
- Winter Camping in Algonquin Park -37c
- 2 Night Winter Snowshoe Bushcraft, Camping in the Snow.
- The Soggy Saga of Joe and Co. or.. Tarp Camping in the Snow with Friends.
- Green River contest vid pt1
- Day in the Prairie
- Day Trip, Komoka Park.
- Natural Shelter Solo Overnight
- Catch and Cook and Camp! Beautiful Lake Trout- 8 Days in the Wild!
- What is Bushcraft?
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - Long Fire, Wool Blanket, Fire Reflector
- Exploring an Island - Abandoned Ruins, Giant Trees, Friendly Wildlife.
- Bowdrill with Chaga (tinder fungus)
- Joe and Doug, two fools in the woods.
- Hot Chocolate in a Pine Forest.
- Gear for Camping out of a Backpack.
- Lunch in the Woods on a Firebox Stove
- Bushcraft Vault:Joe and Kyle's First Canoe Trip.
- HD Bushcraft Video - Wild edibles, Leather Care, Natural Tinder, Pot Hook
- Backpacking Michigan
- Knife Review: S.A.K Farmer
- Scout being Scout.
- Shelter part 1
- The Bushcraft Campout: Overnight Gear, Bivy Bag.
- Day at the Bushcraft Basecamp - Axemanship, Outdoor Cooking, Fixing Camp
- Bushcraft Breakfast- Bacon, Eggs and Bannock!
- Alone in the Wild - A 5 Day Solo Excursion.
- Bushcraft in the wet snow
- Weak Hand, One Stick Fire
- Bowdrill with no notch!
- Winter Camping in a Canvas Tent with a Dog and a Woodstove.
- 24 Hours in the Mountains - Camping in the Sierra Nevada
- Belgian Malinois eats Peameal Bacon
- Overnight Alone in the Forest
- ThruNite TC10. Great Emergency/Vehicle Light.
- Canoe Camp, Eastern Ontario
- Bushcraft Lunch/Trailhawk
- Wildland Scout Backpack Update and Cool New Accessories.
- Scout's Birthday Hike/ Testing a new Camera- SJCAM
- Looking at the ThruNite TH10 Headlamp, and Giveaway Anounced!
- Bushcraft School
- Throwin the TrailHawk
- Camping Gear for a 7 Day, 175km Canoe Trip.
- Preparing for a 5 Day Winter Bushcraft Camp.
- In my Backyard. Adventure Sworn Bucksaw. Axe. Fun
- 50 Nights in the Woods.
- JRB Channel Update; Bigfoot, Do I Carry? Wild Animal Encounters, 100k Subscribers
- Make a bush chair/bench
- Canoe Camp with my Wife
- Paper test after sharpening
- New Turley Gasconade and 1 stick fire
- Answers to your Questions - Bushcraft, My Life, Outdoor Tools, Camping Advice.
- Coastal Trekking - 3 Days Backpacking Lake Superior's Rugged Coastal Trail
- Father Daughter Day In the Woods Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Roasted Marshmallows
- Bushcraft Instructionals; Camping Overnight.
- How do you use your axe?
- Quick flint and steel demo
- Plant walk and new camera
- Skills chalenge: 1stick fire method with axe Pt. 1
- Bushcraft Instructionals: Fire from a Knife and Firesteel.
- California Trip-Dispersed Camping in a National Forest-Giant Sequoia!
- Building an Overnight Bushcraft Camp; Double Adirondack Tarp Shelter, Raised Bench, Outdoor Cooking.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Breakfast, Series Finale.
- Supper in the Woods
- Short clip of OLJ bein funny
- Beast of a Flashlight for Home Preparedness.
- My New Solo Lightweight Cookset - 2016
- My Bushcraft Kit.
- Wildland Series Scout backpack bag info and launch
- Bushclass-Haft an Axe
- Lunch Time in the Bush.
- moose head
- ThruNite TN4A Giveaway!!
- Overnight at the Bushcraft Basecamp E3
- History Channel ALONE Extended Drop Off Scene-Joe
- Preparing for an Ideal Weather Backpacking Trip.
- Bushclass FAK
- Leatherwood Bowdrill
- Turley Gasconade long term thoughts.
- HD Bushcraft Video-Supper over a Fire, Wild Edibles, Axe, Hammock, Tarp.
- 3 Day Hunting, Fishing, Bushcraft Camp
- ThruNite TH10 Real World Abuse
- Bushcraft/Outdoor Skills; Build a Pothanger with your Knife.
- Bowdrill Woes
- Improvised Pack, Minimal Gear Survival Overnighter
- Canadian Winter-Time Lapse, Birds on a Homemade Bird Feeder.
- Joe and Doug go Camping. Algonquin Backpacking Trip.
- Solo Overnight Camp in a Thunderstorm - The Mist Rolls In
- 8 Days in the Wild - Boreal Forest Floatplane in Adventure Pt2
- Different tinders for use with the firesteel
- Fire Practice
- HWII plant uses Queen Annes Lace.
- Backpacking Frontenac; 3 Nights in Ontario's Backcountry
- Two Canoes, One River - A Temagami Journey. Pt1
- Adventure Sworn Bushcraft Co. Northgate Bushcraft Adventures.
- Gear Loadout/What I Took for an Overnight Spring Camp.
- Hardwoodsman Challenge: Pocketknife SWF3XP
- Winding Down in the Woods
- The varied convex grind
- Canoe Tripping; 8 Days in the Wild. Part 2, The Hard Work Begins.
- Camping with a Girl
- 48 Hour Solo Bushcraft Camp
- 3 Day, Bushcraft and Fishing in the Backcountry.
- Chopping down a Cherry Tree with my Wetterlings hatchet
- Summer Canoe Camp
- My Bushcraft Axe
- Bushcraft Knife Skills, Unknown Visitor at Camp, 250k Sub Giveaway
- Simple Knife and Axe Sharpening/ Falkniven DC4 Giveaway
- Winter Camping in Michigan.
- Field Sharpening Outdoor Tools
- Father Daughter Bushcraft
- A Great Fall Day
- The Fire Chain.
- Skills challenge:1 stick fire w/ axe Pt.2
- Alone In Algonquin. Day 2 - BUZZING, BULLFROGS AND DRAGONFLIES
- Food for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario.
- I'm Back - Steak in the Woods, New Gear, Updates and More.
- Solo Winter Bushcraft Camp-Natural Shelter-Pulk Overnighter
- Back in the Woods!
- A Lazy Day in the Autumn Woods
- Improvised steel striker
- Bushcraft Basecamp - Building a Raised Bed, Tying a Ridgepole, Outdoor Cooking E1
- 3 Easy Knots for Bushcraft, Camping, Survival.
- Budget Knives. E2 My EDC Folder.
- Battle Horse Knives-Woodsman Pro. First Look and a Splitwood Fire.
- New Backpack, and My Backpacking Gear
- In the woods after work
- Machete for Bushcraft.
- Bushcraft Instructionals; A Comprehensive Guide to the Bowdrill
- Solo Overnight Camp: Bucksaw, Bowdrill, Bushcraft, New Adventure Sworn
- Wet Wood, Knee High Flames, Knife Only.
- DIRT TIME (Collection of Camping Photos)
- Giant puffball mushroom find!
- 2017 Gone, 500k Here!
- Backpacking West Virginia: Dolly Sods, Nikon D5500, Go Pro 4 Silver
- The Bushcraft Campout: Series Intro.
- Preparing for a 4 day coastal backpacking trip
- Hammock Camping
- Preparing and Gear for a 9 day, Fly In Canoe Trip in the Boreal Wilderness.
- Take your Friends and go to the Woods! A Bushcraft Overnight.
- The Bushcraft Campout: Is a Tomahawk a Viable Wood Processing Tool?
- Summer Skills Challenge, 1 Stick Fire, No Knife
- Not what we Planned for!
- Fireside Chat; JoeRobinetBushcraft 2016
- Saws for the Outdoors, Bushcraft, Camping, Monkeying Around.
- Backpacking the North Country/Manistee River Trail Loop
- An Outdoors Lunch Tip., Quick, Easy Lighweight. Bushcraft, Camping, Hunting, Backpacking.
- Winter Camping using an Olight S2 Baton and Giving it Away.
- Best Bushcraft Pack? The Hidden Woodsmen Day Ruck!
- Camping Gear for a 9 Day Canoe Trip in Northern Ontario
- Maxpedition Xantha Overnight Gear Loadout and First Impressions
- Two Canoes, One River - A Temagami Journey, Pt2.
- Catching and Cooking Catfish
- Looking at Olight's i3e and i3s and Giveaway
- Camping with the Family
- Crossing Ontario's Oldest Park- A Paddle and Portage Adventure!
- Fire by Bowdrill, Fried Eggs in the Woods, Growing up without a Father.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With Scout 2 Cooking Food, Tarp Camping, Breaking Down Camp.
- Overnight Bushcraft Gear and Camp Plans
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With My Dog Pt1 Tripod for Boiling Water Scout's Birthday, Pit Cooking.
- Sleeping Outside in The Cold With Dollar Store Items-10$ Woods Survival Challenge (24 Hours) Part 2
- Dollar Store Supershelter Overnight With My Dog-10$ Woods Survival Challenge (24 Hours)
- Solo Bushcraft Camp. Natural Shelter, Wool Blanket, Raised Bed, Long Fire.
- Camping With A Subscriber in a Canvas Tent with a Woodstove.
- Man Builds off Grid Cabin Alone in the Forest with Hand Tools.
- 2 Nights Wild Camping In Rugged Terrain, Fish Fry, Tarp Setups, Axe Work.
- 16 Gift Ideas For The Outdoor Lover, Christmas Ideas Camping, Bushcraft
- Crazy Korean Chopper!
- 2 Night Winter Bushcraft Camp, Building a Shelter With a Wooden Roof, Walls and Bed.
- HD Bushcraft Video-Building a Large Semi-Permanent Shelter, Outdoor Cooking
- Solo Overnight in a Snow Storm. Winter Camping With Subscriber Gear.
- Spending the Day Passing Outdoor Skills on to Youth
- What my Wife Really thinks of Me - Bam Son T Shirts Available!
- Big News and Unboxing Camping Stuff
- New Land New Bushcraft Gear, Bam Son!
- OFF GRID LOG CABIN Overnight!- Bear Ribs, Cold Temps, Firewood.. My Self Reliance Log Cabin Life
- Overnight Winter Ice Fishing Camp in a Hot Tent with a Woodstove on the night of the Supermoon
- SOLO WINTER SURVIVAL! Minimal Gear Overnight in a HUGE Snow Storm! 24 Hours in the Wilderness
- Minimal Gear for a Winter Survival Overnight-Load-Out and Survival Exercise Plans
- Unboxing Camping Gear with my Wife - $300 Titanium Canteen and Gear Giveaway.
- I'm sick of this
- Bushcraft Gear For a Winter Overnight Camp With my Dog
- POV White Water Kayaking Raw Footage (Humbling Experience)
- Answering your Instagram Questions - Why Am I so Butthurt?
- 24h Walmart Camping/Survival Challenge $500 Spent on Walmart Camping Gear, Camping with my Dog
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp With My Dog-Rock Cooking Bacon, Making a Bush Chair.
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with Scout 3. Steak Fried on a Rock, Fireside Chats, Tearing Down Camp.
- Overnight Winter Bushcraft Camp with a Dog under a White Tarp.
- I Spent $500 on Walmart Camping Gear.. and this it what i'm going to do with it.
- This is a Wednesday Video.
- 2 Night Bushcraft Camp-Building and Sleeping in a Completely Natural Shelter
- Overnight Canoe Camp in Strong Winds, Catfish, Gear, and Good Food.
- What Would you Choose to Survive -10 Items?
- New Baby Gender Reveal, Meet my LARGE family!
- Catching MONSTER Lake Trout and Fly Fishing Grayling - Great Slave Lake-Frontier Fishing Lodge
- High Speed Low Drag Endurance Overnighter Solo Long Distance Trip!
- I Went Camping with a Strange Old Man...
- Exhaustion in the Wild Ep 5 - 10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness
- Left Alone to Survive on an Island in the NorthWest Territories (Remote Canada)
- Solo Bushcraft Overnight in my Semi Permanent Bush Shelter, Fire Inside, Building the Front Wall.
- I Spent my 34th Birthday Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Last Ep 10 Days 10 Items
- Building a Permanent Camp-10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Ep2
- Full List of Filming, Camping, Survival Gear for 10 Days, 10 Items, Alone on an Island in the Wild
- Improving Camp and Catching Fish Ep 4 10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on Island in the Canadian Wilderness
- Joe Robinet Update Video/Crownland Camping During Ontario's Fire Ban.
- 10 Days, 10 Items ; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness. Mini Series.
- I'M DONE WITH CAMPING.
- Doug and I Annoying Each Other for an Hour Straight :) Episode 2
- Finding the Rhythm -10 Days, 10 Items; Alone on an Island in the Canadian Wilderness Ep. 3
- Show Me Your STEAK!
- EPIC 4 DAY WILDERNESS CAMP e2 STRANDED! Wind Bound on an Island.
- Deciding on Gear for a 4 Day Wilderness Camping Trip.
- I BOUGHT MY DREAM HOME AT AGE 34
- 4 DAY WILDERNESS CAMP e1 The Storm.
- Bushcraft Camp DESTROYED!
- Overnight Camp at the Hidden Waterfall
- LAST OVERNIGHT AT THE BUSHCRAFT CAMP-Saying Goodbye, Wool Blanket, Vintage Tool.
- Winter Camping With my Dog out of a TRUCK!
- SOLO BUSHCRAFT CAMP 4 Items Only -Natural Shelter- Wild Game Over the Fire
- "THE HUT" E1- Locating a Camp Spot-Hauling Logs-Bacon on a Rock.
- CELEBRATING 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS at the MY SELF RELIANCE LOG CABIN!
- Overnight Bushcraft Camp with my Dog - WAKING UP IN THE SNOW!
- 1 Million Subscriber Special!!!
- Late Stage Lymphoma.
- in respone to pewdiepie $60 VS $135 WHISKEY (SCOTCH)
- 2 Days ATVing and Winter Camping in a Canvas Tent with a Woodstove!
- Workin at the Homestead- Scout Update-Stacking Firewood.